Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help][Resolved] Deciding on Work Station
GIMP or PS?

Is GIMP available for Windows?

Which is easier to use and understand?

Which one has over-all better tutorials on the web?

Please try not to be biased when answering these questions, I want to make the right choice for me. All help is appreciated.
[Image: arch2.png]
Photoshop - Gimp is good, but Photoshop is still much better (even if photoshop is rather bloated)

Gimp is available for Windows

Photoshop is much easier to understand and much better for new people to it

For every Gimp tutorial on the internet, there are 500 photoshop tutorials.

I have used both, and my opinion is Photoshop is better, but Gimp is still without its charms.
Alright, so that's Photoshop 1 and GIMP 0.

Let's get a few more replies, please.
Photoshop > GIMP in terms of features.
Photoshop > GIMP in terms of documentation.
GIMP > Photoshop in terms of price.

Both are available for Windows. I actually use GIMP mainly, but I use Photoshop for things that GIMP is missing.
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
My vote goes for Photoshop. I've never actually used Gimp, though. I've completed multiple master's courses with Photoshop and other classes, also it's my main tool when working and I don't have a single bad word to say about it if we forget about the price.
I prefer Gimp because it is more user friendly, you would get used to Gimp quicker then Photoshop.

In saying that Photoshop it is much more advanced so if you are serious about getting into graphics, Photoshop is the one I'd recommend.
[Image: Scarface.jpg]
Well, with all this being said, should I just start with GIMP and learn key terms and features, and move on to Photoshop? Or, would that just be delaying the inevitable?
I'd just shoot for Photoshop first. My philosophy is that you're better off just start learning how to use a hard program with more features than an easy program with less features.

Also a crucial tool that Photoshop has that GIMP doesn't: a decent free transform tool. (which is important if you want to mess with stuff like smoke, fire, etc.)
[Image: 3djdbar2notglowing.png]
Photoshop it is! Thanks for the input everyone.