Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runescape Servers
(10-12-2009, 07:09 AM)Project Evolution Wrote: RSPS are currently only written in Java or C(++)(?), its not a web application.

RSPS are mainly written in Java and some people also script in python. I have seen some C# servers though and only 1 C++ server. Runescape however is programmed in Java and scripted in something called "Runescript".
Do you have a link to the source?

Your post got me interested, and now i want to have ago at it. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the source though (the actual runscape game)
You can easily get sources from google.

Two main sites are moparscape.org and rune-server.org
you'll find plenty of sources there.
[Image: 23lfxh3.png]
Want to set up your own Runescape server? PM Me.
(10-12-2009, 05:53 PM)Extasey Wrote: Do you have a link to the source?

Your post got me interested, and now i want to have ago at it. I'm having a bit of trouble getting the source though (the actual runscape game)

Stay away from mopar. Just a bunch of leechers over there. There are many different sources and clients, made by different people and different versions. The main versions are 317 (runescape with old graphics and features), 508 (newer graphics but no HD, 525 (HD but I would stay away from these).

You will also have to understand that all of the sources are incomplete, they will be missing LOTS of features and skills and places you can go. You will learn terms like "mapdata".

http://www.rune-server.org/showthread.php?t=144187

[You will need to register to see the forums]

Start with the source rs2hd, it is very stable and much better than the other sources. Try to stay away from "pali" based sources. They are messy and inefficient.

Read all the tuts in the tutorial section, get to know RSPS, then start Smile

If you know Java that's great. That gives you a huge advantage over everyone else because around 90% of the forum are C+P leecher noobs.

Sorry if this post doesn't make too much sense I am writing this quickly before I go take a shower. Just visit that source and familiarize yourself.

GL, Feel free to PM me questions.
Just because Mopar is full of leechers doesn't mean you should stay away from it.
By all means, go to Mopar. I learnt severeal things from that site, and there are some excellent tutorials there.
Though I would say that Rune-server.org is alot better.

If you look around on Rune-server.org you should be able to find some server packs which come with up to 100 sources + clients.
By the way, I learnt most of my Java skills from RSPS Smile
(10-12-2009, 08:03 PM)ReVamped Wrote: Just because Mopar is full of leechers doesn't mean you should stay away from it.
By all means, go to Mopar. I learnt severeal things from that site, and there are some excellent tutorials there.
Though I would say that Rune-server.org is alot better.

If you look around on Rune-server.org you should be able to find some server packs which come with up to 100 sources + clients.
By the way, I learnt most of my Java skills from RSPS Smile

That's true, I shouldn't have said stay COMPLETELY away from Mopar but I would just visit the tut section, look at a few, and get the hell out without a second glance. Don't even both looking through the download section. Most of the people who have a decent amount of knowledge flock to rune-server anyways. Except for a select few like Taharok.
(10-12-2009, 05:53 PM)Extasey Wrote: Do you have a link to the source?

You cant get the source for the Actual Runescape Servers, if you didn't know that, I dont know how you made it to moderator.
You don't have to know about Runescape Private Servers to become a moderator of a forum which is based around something entirely different.
I don't know how you can be so ignorant.
(10-12-2009, 08:40 PM)Cppsean Wrote: You cant get the source for the Actual Runescape Servers, if you didn't know that, I dont know how you made it to moderator.

NO crap!

I wasn't trying to rip it off the official servers.
Lol.
You'd have to be an idiot if you wanted the 'entire' RS server & host it.
You'd be homeless within a week Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Runescape Revision Check Project Evolution 7 2,224 08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Last Post: Project Evolution