• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Self] COMPLETE INCEPTION ANALYSIS AND EXPLANATION
Thumbsup I'm going to go watch this now! Thumbsup
[Image: Untitled-3.png?t=1281317974]
MSN= blue_social@hotmail.com
"With this, I declare a checkmate!"
Free DOXing Service
Hi,
What are your thoughts on the whole thing being Mal's dream? It was her totem afterall. Can anyone disprove this theory?
(07-21-2010, 04:03 PM)sdilallo Wrote: Hi,
What are your thoughts on the whole thing being Mal's dream? It was her totem afterall. Can anyone disprove this theory?

Remember Dom said he stole it from her safe?
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
(07-21-2010, 05:52 PM)Backslash Wrote: Remember Dom said he stole it from her safe?
Yes- but how can you steal someone's totem in a dream? Isn't the whole point of the totem to tell when you are sleeping? Changing your totem in a dream would defeat its purpose.
(07-22-2010, 04:59 AM)sdilallo Wrote: Yes- but how can you steal someone's totem in a dream? Isn't the whole point of the totem to tell when you are sleeping? Changing your totem in a dream would defeat its purpose.

He changed it so that the totem would keep spinning.
WOW Check this out lol

[Image: jr7goi.png]

Thanks for checking out my thread guys Thumbsup
LOL Check out this picture.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploa...o-cobb.png
Wow. 10k views. Thats sick. Thanks for visiting guys.
Actually, the movie DID state why Cobol Engineering was after Cobb.

Remember the beginning of the movie when Cobb was supposed to perform extraction on Saito? Saito was the Mark, and Cobol Engineering was the client. That being said, Cobol Engineering hired the team to extract information from Saito. Since they failed because Saito noticed the carpet was different (what an extremely stupid reason to mess up the whole mission!), Cobol is after them. Obviously because they never accomplished what they were supposed to do.

So your theory of the whole movie being a dream because "the movie, like a dream, just started in the middle of everything" is not that well supported, since it started when they were extracting from Saito, in which they were fully conscious of how they got there (train > apartment > that place with the safe).

Although I think there is a fat chance of the whole movie being a dream itself. As said by Cobb, "You never notice the strangeness of a dream until you wake up from it". The idea of extraction, inception, dream within dreams, or dream-sharing is so hard to swallow itself that, well, one of the characters in the movie might have been dreaming up the whole thing--but that's an indeterminate theory. :/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trading a CS:S and BF2 Complete Collection and/or Minecraft account for CS 1.6 accnt. Shroomish™ 2 2,127 12-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Shroomish™