Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Notepad Trick
I thought that this would just be another batch code
but this seems quite cool actually!
Feel free to PM about anything, I'm here to help.
I use this method to keep track of things that I want to know the date of update. For example, any changes that I make on my site, or suggestions from others that have been considered by me, I will put them in there, and it acts as a very useful "list of to do's" text. Its very useful Smile
Cool but old trick bro. Nice share. However I never found any use of it.
(09-24-2010, 10:42 PM)!!* Soul Extractor *!! Wrote: Cool but old trick bro. Nice share. However I never found any use of it.

If you were doing something as an updates log that you would make notes in for something. instead of typing out a date everytime, making a log like this that automatically keeps track of that would make sense wouldn't it?
just did it. It's useful if u need to keep track of things.
(09-24-2010, 11:14 PM)Infinity Wrote: If you were doing something as an updates log that you would make notes in for something. instead of typing out a date everytime, making a log like this that automatically keeps track of that would make sense wouldn't it?

Or you could simply press "F5" in notepad to put date and time instead of typing .LOG
(09-25-2010, 09:37 PM)!!* Soul Extractor *!! Wrote: Or you could simply press "F5" in notepad to put date and time instead of typing .LOG

Pressing F5 a whole bunch of times adds up and may be a lot more extra typing then just typing in 4 keystrokes with ".LOG". just my opinion. Who knows if you'll forget to typin in F5 once or twice? Humans aren't exactly perfect for remembering things all the time. You can easily take out that source of error with this method though.
(09-25-2010, 11:13 PM)Infinity Wrote: Pressing F5 a whole bunch of times adds up and may be a lot more extra typing then just typing in 4 keystrokes with ".LOG". just my opinion. Who knows if you'll forget to typin in F5 once or twice? Humans aren't exactly perfect for remembering things all the time. You can easily take out that source of error with this method though.

Well everyone have their own considerations. Thumbsup
(09-25-2010, 11:41 PM)!!* Soul Extractor *!! Wrote: Well everyone have their own considerations. Thumbsup

you're right Smile it was worthwhile mentioning the F5 shortcut in this thread though since its another alternative, I forgot about that
(09-25-2010, 11:45 PM)Infinity Wrote: you're right Smile it was worthwhile mentioning the F5 shortcut in this thread though since its another alternative, I forgot about that

Haha Nvm.
Btw you got a superb sig. I like it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Batch] Trick - View Environment Variables AceInfinity 0 842 05-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  [Tut] [Windows Trick by Me!] How to Create Custom Run Commands [Windows Trick!] [Tut] Resistance 4 1,527 04-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Last Post: prince of persia
  Change Drive Icon. Looks cool tech2game 0 644 11-15-2009, 11:53 PM
Last Post: tech2game