Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My brother is very depressed.
(12-21-2010, 09:10 PM)Bunk Wrote: Is it possible for you to incorporate him with you and your friends sometimes? The best thing for him is to build up his self-esteem, I'm sure your friends wouldn't mind him tagging a long once in a while and I'm sure it will help him a lot.

Yeah, have been doing for the last two years Smile
(12-21-2010, 10:11 PM)leoj Wrote: Yeah, have been doing for the last two years Smile

Well that helps out with his depression a bit.
(12-21-2010, 10:15 PM)Toxhicide Wrote: Well that helps out with his depression a bit.

It helped him out a lot Smile

But I wanted to get him some friends of his own age, he still seemed pretty empty even though he was always around me and my friends.
(07-02-2010, 05:32 AM)leoj Wrote: Well, I have an autistic brother called Ben. He is eight years old. A year ago he started going to school, he isn't having the best time.

People at the school are teasing him, he is excluded from nearly every social thing he does at that school. The older kids are making fun of him because of his disabilities, he is having a lot of trouble learning to read and write. In Australia it costs a lot of money to pay for therapy for these types of things. It actually costs 350 dollars a lesson. So, my family can not give him the proper help that is needed.

For almost a year my brother did not tell my family he was having problems, just recently he couldn't take it anymore and told me. I have never seen him so sad. I really wanna do something about this but don't wanna do anything that hurts any of the other children, I am eighteen and don't want to be mean to a bunch of primary school students. If any of you have any ideas on what to do please tell me, thank you.
Hey dude, I'm so sorry to hear that, if I were you, I would protect him, damn the consequences, go and beat the crap outta those kids :3

If you don't wanna take that approach...
Just hanging out with him, and (I know it sounds motherly) holding him will help a lot, even just putting your hand on his shoulder when he is walking with you will send a protective gesture, and make him feel better, other than that, alert the Principal and maybe we can get those kids some Detention :3
(12-21-2010, 10:18 PM)Sir Wrote: Hey dude, I'm so sorry to hear that, if I were you, I would protect him, damn the consequences, go and beat the crap outta those kids :3

If you don't wanna take that approach...
Just hanging out with him, and (I know it sounds motherly) holding him will help a lot, even just putting your hand on his shoulder when he is walking with you will send a protective gesture, and make him feel better, other than that, alert the Principal and maybe we can get those kids some Detention :3

Lol nah, beating up kids isn't my style sadly D:

Yeah, pretty much my whole entire day revolves around him.
It's amazing because most autistics don't like being talked to that much, he revolves around it. Then again, he's a high functional autistic.
(12-21-2010, 10:24 PM)leoj Wrote: Lol nah, beating up kids isn't my style sadly D:

Yeah, pretty much my whole entire day revolves around him.
It's amazing because most autistics don't like being talked to that much, he revolves around it. Then again, he's a high functional autistic.
IDEA:
Look for an Expeditionary Learning School, I grew up in one, and they don't tolerate teasing of other children, they work well with the kids, and they go on many "Adventures" (Field Trips, Camp outs, and more) Look for one of those Schools in your area, if there is one, I highly recommend them.

Otherwise, maybe a new school would help, even if it isn't expeditionary.
(12-21-2010, 10:28 PM)Sir Wrote: IDEA:
Look for an Expeditionary Learning School, I grew up in one, and they don't tolerate teasing of other children, they work well with the kids, and they go on many "Adventures" (Field Trips, Camp outs, and more) Look for one of those Schools in your area, if there is one, I highly recommend them.

Otherwise, maybe a new school would help, even if it isn't expeditionary.

That looks really good actually, but I think I'll be fine.

He's now in a school with just over one hundred kids in it, he's got a lot of good friends and only two kids have bullied him. Because of this he's focusing at school a lot more, it's a really nice environment for him.

If anything happens, I'll take this into account. Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it.
(12-21-2010, 10:37 PM)leoj Wrote: That looks really good actually, but I think I'll be fine.

He's now in a school with just over one hundred kids in it, he's got a lot of good friends and only two kids have bullied him. Because of this he's focusing at school a lot more, it's a really nice environment for him.

If anything happens, I'll take this into account. Thank you for helping me, I really appreciate it.
Haha No Problem, that's what were here for "Support" Forums
Glad to hear that your brother feels better now that he moved school..
Bullys should die.
The update showing his progress is very motivational.

Thanks for this.
[Image: 2dkepur.jpg]
Your girlfriend thinks I'm handsome.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young, depressed, discouraged looking for advice and compassion kitsune 1 877 08-01-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Mimi
  I don't understand my brother UnderGroundMerlin 5 1,129 10-16-2014, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Diabolic
  I'm Depressed Kaleb 3 824 07-22-2014, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Autopost
  Down and depressed gtsmith10 3 870 02-25-2014, 01:17 AM
Last Post: NunezJ
  Clinically Depressed Drug Addict with Insomnia and General Anxiety Disorder... Laxbro 1 819 09-05-2012, 04:03 PM
Last Post: Ormond32176