Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromium OS?
I have tested the beta version of Chrome OS. Its for people who have network connection all the time. Not for house hold purposes who dont have network connection. This seems a light weight OS. The beta version didnt have a shutdown button though.
The OS is simply a web browser, Its not good for anything else except online activities like forums, email checking and browsing videos etc.
Sounds like more of a dual boot thing than a main OS. I mean if I wanted to just get on the internet i would use chrome OS if I can get on the web in seconds as they're claiming.
[Image: casper2fin3.png]

Will Trade Demonoid invite for torrentkids. PM mE
(11-04-2010, 04:07 PM)caspur Wrote: Sounds like more of a dual boot thing than a main OS. I mean if I wanted to just get on the internet i would use chrome OS if I can get on the web in seconds as they're claiming.

Chromium OS is designed to be used on netbooks and other low-powered machines. Computers which you're not going to be running heavy processes on in the first place. Hence why it's based entirely in the Google cloud.
Ho, ho, ho! Well, if it isn't fat stinking billy goat Billy Boy in poison!
How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil?
Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!
I don't like the concept of Google Chrome OS. Even on a netbook, I don't want to be bound by a web browser inside Google's cloud. I would prefer a conventional desktop/laptop system. Maybe Chrome OS would appeal to the average user, but not to me.
It is a horrible OS; it is a basicly a web browser with a built in text editor, image viewer/editor and some other simple aplications (whole operating system); a very shallow operating system...
http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/

Never tested it but that looks nice.
It's been release just now but for the Google CR-58 which you have to apply or buy one from Google. It's their own laptop basically, but if you get their version they'll be tracking everything you do.
http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/
The download is there,enjoy!
I think this will be very useful for students focused on school (whether highschool or college). In a netbook it will be very much portable and will fulfill the basic functions they will need.
[Image: idgjkO.png]