Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Help] No display when turning PC on.
Hey guys.

I have an MSI K9VGM-V motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 X2 CPU bundle in one of my systems. Lately it's stopped working. When powering up the PC, I was getting no display on my monitor. I've checked the VGA card and thats not the problem. When the system used to beep to notify that the checks have run fine and its about to load my OS, it doesnt do that any more.

I was just wondering if anyone knows what the cause of the problem might be. I can't really afford to replace the whole package but it anyone can narrow it down to a specific piece of hardware (I suspect it may be my CPU) then I would be very grateful.

Please help anyone.

Thanks,
Beano.
[Image: GamersTalk.com-468x60.gif]

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Hi Beano. I got this problem about two days ago. After much tribulation I found a solution.

Put in your Windows CD and then boot from cd...

Let the installation run but the press R to choose the recovery console. Then when it asks you to choose a windows installation just press enter.

You're PC will restart then everything should work fine.

Once you're in, I suggest backing everything up and maybe re-installing, at least your drivers.
(06-19-2010, 03:17 PM)Sam Wrote: Hi Beano. I got this problem about two days ago. After much tribulation I found a solution.

Put in your Windows CD and then boot from cd...

Let the installation run but the press R to choose the recovery console. Then when it asks you to choose a windows installation just press enter.

You're PC will restart then everything should work fine.

Once you're in, I suggest backing everything up and maybe re-installing, at least your drivers.

I'm not sue you understand my problem, maybe I didn't explain in enough detail.

When I turn my PC on, there is no picture altogether. There is no beep to say that my system checks ran fine, I can't even see the BIOS screen. No picture comes up on my monitor whatsoever.

Come and join GamersTalk now! We have a great online forum community and would love to see some new faces. Contest coming within the next few day. Join now!
Oh... Sorry I misunderstood. It's either your mother board or your graphics card maybe.

Try removing all un-needed hardware and let your PC run on on board graphics etc...

Also, have you cleaned your PC from dust and dirt?
(06-19-2010, 03:23 PM)Sam Wrote: Oh... Sorry I misunderstood. It's either your mother board or your graphics card maybe.

Try removing all un-needed hardware and let your PC run on on board graphics etc...

Also, have you cleaned your PC from dust and dirt?

It's definitely not my graphics card, I know that. The motherboard doesn't have on-board graphics but I've tried my graphics card in another PC and it worked fine, and I've also tried another graphics card on the motherboard & CPU and had the same problem.

Yes I have removed all dirt and dust from it.

Ahh man. It sounds like your motherboard is fried if you don't even get the beeps. I'm not sure what to say because I've run out of suggestions. Good luck.

-Sam
Is it a laptop? I think I might have a solution.
Go to an expert the best way dude, motherboard is dead I think //

Did you OverClock?
Overclocking is the only option which could cause that really, of which I'm aware ; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking
It could be your RAM.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No display when turned on Sparky 22 4,675 10-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Review
  Display Problem ? Need help :-(( Mozz 14 2,091 02-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Last Post: J4M13