Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I feel like I am missing out on life.
So here's the deal if you feel like you are missing out on life (or bored) and need to vent post your story.

This is mine:

Just the other day I was asked to go swimming with a few friends and I refused the opportunity. I know it is because of my loss of self-esteem. I have always been confident in my decisions, actions and thoughts, but after high school I gained a few pounds and it has been psychological warfare. I started to get out more and go the extra mile to regain my confidence, but it saddens me how much I am missing out because of this minor setback.

I know that I am making myself feel this way and even though I know that I am a genuine person who has more to offer than just looks, I cannot seem to shake the insecurity. I remember back in intermediate school I would tease other kids about there weight because I was so afraid that I would become like them. I totally deserve all that has come with gaining weight ("OMG, James is that you? Holy crap you got fat," "You look horrible," "Fat crap"). Even though I would put others down about there weight because of my own insecurities I know it was not right. (I have mended all relationships ruined by my ignorance since then =])

This has been, thanks to my optimism, a wonderful experience. I am grateful for all that has happened in my life (good and bad) because if I have never gone through those things I would not be the person I am today. I have come a long way from being that immature loner. Today I judge no one because I know that everyone has a story and I have always been one for stories Thumbsup.

So I am trying to rebuild my confidence... so maybe I will no longer miss any more life opportunities!
Haha, I guess you don't really need "emotional support". I like your story, looking back in life to become who you are today.
(06-08-2010, 09:20 PM)Wind Wrote: Haha, I guess you don't really need "emotional support". I like your story, looking back in life to become who you are today.

XD would you look at that! You are right I just read my post again and realized that it started off in a depressing tone and then transpired into a happy ending Yeye
As least blunt as this can be said, I suggest getting off of your computer and going outside for a bit as that may prove to help.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I feel horrible :(( Treblez 1 675 06-12-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: Callum
  I feel as if I have let my dad down... Vaibs 1 740 09-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Dragon45
  Feel Bored of life and everything it has to offer Nitemare 8 1,771 08-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Clark
  Talking about how i feel NDR1987 1 727 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Chuggaism
  I feel like I've lost everything wheels 1 705 10-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Sinvoid