Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion
Oh god, we have one of those comming around all the time giving us brochures.
(05-31-2010, 01:17 AM)Natha Wrote: Oh god, we have one of those comming around all the time giving us brochures.

Same here, but I live in the United States and speak 3 languages. Whenever they come 'round, I act confused and talk to them in a different language.
Hi, Buffy

Oh, I'm in New Zealand, i only know English, guess i can't pull that trick here? Hehe, Goodluck when they come around again.

- Natha
I wouldn't think that the OP's dad would take it so well. I'm pretty sure it's a "rule" of theirs to isolate anyone who doesn't adhere to their beliefs. How did it go?
I also agree with Cybr. Just tell him you do not want to go anymore but you have respect for his beliefs.
[Image: zceey]
Poppy. <3
Tell him you don't believe in what he does.
[Image: pageviews=1]
(05-30-2010, 05:31 PM)Nemmyy Wrote: I agree with Cyber. Just say you've given his faith a chance but it just isn't right for you.

I agree I mean he can't be upset if you really tried.
Yea, If hes making yo go just say ''I belive in different stuff''
Or something like that ^_^
I also had a similar experience with my mother making me go to church with her. I would do what some other recommended and just tell your dad that you don't agree with the the church and that you'd like to go to your own. If he doesn't take it well, maybe go through a few more "meetings" and revisit the topic and tell him that you've tried it out and that you still don't think its right for you. Its pretty much all you can do.

I hope he understands. My mother didn't. Sad
[Image: Zephie_Sig_by_GKmero.png]
(05-31-2010, 06:17 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I wouldn't think that the OP's dad would take it so well. I'm pretty sure it's a "rule" of theirs to isolate anyone who doesn't adhere to their beliefs. How did it go?

That is my situation. My parents and basically all my extended family that lives near me are devout Christians. They would probably "exile" me if I told them my true beliefs, which is Agnosticism/Atheism.