Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GNOME version of BackTrack.
http://www.gnacktrack.co.uk/

I don't know much about it but I'm going to try it out. I'll post results here soon!
It is not Backtrack though. It is just Ubuntu with a bunch of different pentest tools.
(05-24-2010, 06:15 PM)Omniscient Wrote: We take HF refugees in bulk.
Lol
(05-28-2010, 02:18 PM)alfonzo1955 Wrote: It is not Backtrack though. It is just Ubuntu with a bunch of different pentest tools.

But that didn't fit in the title. So I just chose that. Sorry if it's misleading bro.
[Image: vwx1mh.png]
(05-28-2010, 02:18 PM)alfonzo1955 Wrote: It is not Backtrack though. It is just Ubuntu with a bunch of different pentest tools.

That's what Backtrick is, Ubuntu. 95% of these tools you won't even touch. Just install your own, personal distribution of Linux and install what you need. I just don't understand why someone would use Backtrack if they use just a few tools from it.
<Aoi-chan> everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
(06-02-2010, 01:31 PM)Psycho Wrote: That's what Backtrick is, Ubuntu. 95% of these tools you won't even touch. Just install your own, personal distribution of Linux and install what you need. I just don't understand why someone would use Backtrack if they use just a few tools from it.

Well, it's quite simple, Psycho. Using Backtrack makes "hackers" world-wide feel superior and l33t. For what reason, I have no idea, but they do. I think that Backtrack, in form of Live-CD mind you, makes "finding" wireless passwords easy. But, I think that Backtrack should never be used as a Desktop because the system creators never intended for such a atrocity to occur.

Basically, if you're piggy-backing, Backtrack is fine; but, if you're on your Desktop, use a different distro.
Sorry, I meant Backtrack not Backtrick. I'm not the most accurate dvorak typer. Anyway, I agree. If I recall correctly, it starts you with a root account and we all know your average Backtrack user doesn't even know how to create a user-level account. All I have to say is sigh, I guess. At least I'm not alone on this.
<Aoi-chan> everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
(06-02-2010, 09:47 PM)Psycho Wrote: Sorry, I meant Backtrack not Backtrick. I'm not the most accurate dvorak typer. Anyway, I agree. If I recall correctly, it starts you with a root account and we all know your average Backtrack user doesn't even know how to create a user-level account. All I have to say is sigh, I guess. At least I'm not alone on this.
That's because newbs don't spend near as much time learning shit as they do leeching. But that's what makes the knowledge of us few individuals who do put forth the effort so indispensable. So I can't complain too much.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
you can just install gnome on backtrack.

I don't know it off the top of my head but it's something like:

sudo apt-get install gnome-desktop-enviroment

Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Java On Backtrack 5 Neal Caffrey 3 12,217 06-22-2012, 04:33 PM
Last Post: eiqhtworks
  Status of Gnome-shell ! raamee 5 1,501 11-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Last Post: raamee
  [Need Help] BackTrack 4 on Macbook Trey 1 1,478 07-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Amzo
  Before I download backtrack hugsyou 1 937 05-21-2010, 12:13 AM
Last Post: Harvey
  Which linux version should i use??! GLO13AL_T3RROR 15 1,801 12-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MarkW7