Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[HELP] Spotify and WINE.
Well I'm using my linux and I kinda want music. But WINE won't run Spotify. It says it's not an exucuteable. Can someone please help me? Thanks.
Check this out:
http://www.spotify.com/int/help/faq/wine/
I already reviewed that a couple times.
Someone from HF helped me:

install wine
install playonlinux
run playonlinux
go to install
find spotify
install spotify
then it should appear in your playonlinux list
right click it
click configure wine
choose windows version
set it to vista.
[Image: vwx1mh.png]
Hello Yeye

I had a problem with wine personally, i couldn't get it to install it said E: Package not found, or something like that, i don't think the OS supported it, i can't think of the OS name right now..but yeah does anyone know why it says install wine's package is not found, it was like what the hell, because i know wine is a package, and people in #linux on SwiftIRC, they didn't know either, so yeah if anyone could help, because i want to run my mIRC bot on IRC 24/7 but mIRC is a windows program

Thanks,
Natha,

Yeye
(05-31-2010, 05:38 PM)Natha Wrote: Hello Yeye

I had a problem with wine personally, i couldn't get it to install it said E: Package not found, or something like that, i don't think the OS supported it, i can't think of the OS name right now..but yeah does anyone know why it says install wine's package is not found, it was like what the hell, because i know wine is a package, and people in #linux on SwiftIRC, they didn't know either, so yeah if anyone could help, because i want to run my mIRC bot on IRC 24/7 but mIRC is a windows program

Thanks,
Natha,

Yeye

I doubt mIRC or your bot would work well under WINE. I suggest using VirtualBox.
(05-31-2010, 05:40 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Hello Yeye

I doubt mIRC or your bot would work well under WINE. I suggest using VirtualBox.
Nah, i think it would since alot of people on SwiftIRC with over 100 RuneScape bots, (Eg: !stats USERNAME) have theres on linux, and alot of RuneScape private servers are run on linux.

Thanks,
natha,
What do you mean "RuneScape bots"? I hope you're aware that SF doesn't allow the discussion of illegal activity. Glare
(05-31-2010, 05:52 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: What do you mean "RuneScape bots"? I hope you're aware that SF doesn't allow the discussion of illegal activity. Glare

It's not illegal man, runescape bots, it's a good thing, example:

<Natha> !stats Zezima
<RuneScript> 99 Str | 99 Attack | 99Def

Like that, it would return their stats, and like

<Natha> !setpcworld 144
<RuneScript> Pw world set to "144"
<Natha> !pcw
<RuneScript> Pest control world is set to "144"

Nothing illegal, it's for help.
Oh okay, I understand what it's used for now. Well, hopefully someone can help you. What distro are you trying to install it on?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Installing Spotify on Ubuntu! Carbon Nox 7 1,616 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Drakon
  Installing WINE On Centos 5.4 64 Bit? wchar_t 5 3,987 08-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Last Post: N'aix
  run directx apps in wine? thanasis2028 1 700 12-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Gone
  How safe it is to run .exe in wine ? Treblez 12 2,493 12-06-2009, 05:48 PM
Last Post: Uhriventis