Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This might seem really odd
Ok so I need to know how I could set up a server, to run SERVERS on, each with their own operating system that I could pick as I set them up, like a wizard type deal, youd click start, setup, next, then there would be like
enterprise
web
database
etc.

then the next option would be space quota for server

then partition setup for it

then like, finish and it would run and setup the server.

I nkow this sounds like a pain in the ass, but trust me, itll be roflawesome once its working, I promise 8)
Debian Linux and VMWare Server.
for the OS it's best being UNIX based, (stay away from apple OS) try find out good linux distros that can be used for hosting, you can also use windows NT based servers, but linux is your best bet.
Quote:for the OS it's best being UNIX based

Why?

Quote:(stay away from apple OS)

Crock of crap. Anyway, OS X is unix based.

Quote:try find out good linux distros that can be used for hosting

Debian. CentOS if you want a challenge.

Quote:you can also use windows NT based servers, but linux is your best bet

Let's all use OSes from 1995.
theirs got to be a simpler method for whatever your trying to do OP haha
slowly getting better
(10-27-2010, 08:07 PM)Metus Wrote: theirs got to be a simpler method for whatever your trying to do OP haha

No, their really isnt, I need one server to be up that will activate any server that I want to be active at any given time. Im practicing popping boxes for pentesting purposes, and I need pretty much every server type there is, not to run ALL kinds of stuff on, but just to have like, maybe 5-10 gigs allocated to each, just enough for them to exist and test on, nothing too fancy smancy. But I need em all. thts one thing I do gotta have. Everythign from debian to os-x, and all the winblows in between.
(05-23-2010, 12:43 AM)timestandstill Wrote: Debian Linux and VMWare Server.

This pretty much describes what you need here.
Debian Linux or VMWare servers, Are probably your best option... As many of us have stated!