Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cpu works at 100%
Hi, I have an AMD athlon 64 +3000 processor 1,81GHz with 2GB of RAM

And when I run a DOS game like Street ROD 1 it uses 100% of CPU all the time. But when I run COD4 it runs at 80 - 100 %.

And because the CPU runs at 100% all the time it just crashes every ones in a while. (The sound goes GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR. Restart)

CPU's normal temp is 35°C
When it runs at 100% the temp is 44°C

Any HELP will be appreciated.
Get more fans, that thing is hot while idle.
and close background programs
Well to get more information about your running processes and other stuff, you should download HiJackThis http://free.antivirus.com/hijackthis/

Do a scan and post the log here.
Is this a home built computer or a major manufacturer. And double check that indeed all fans work on the system and even clean it out if you can with an air can.

[Image: Tech_Cleaning_Dust_Off_Compressed_Gas_Duster_2_Pack.jpg]
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
What OS do you use and what are you using to run the DOS games?
[Image: casper2fin3.png]

Will Trade Demonoid invite for torrentkids. PM mE
Ok thanks for all the post.

I am running AVG 9.0 Internet security so I don't think there is any viruses on my pc because I update regularly.

This is a complete pc I bought at Matrix Warehouse 3-4 years ago so my warranty is gone.

I have added 2 system fans a while ago already.

I have tried blowing it out with a blower so I think it must be dust free.

And I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and I am not sure what I use to run dos programs I just double click them.

Thanks again.
(05-20-2010, 09:54 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Is this a home built computer or a major manufacturer. And double check that indeed all fans work on the system and even clean it out if you can with an air can.

[Image: Tech_Cleaning_Dust_Off_Compressed_Gas_Duster_2_Pack.jpg]

That air can looks epic, That should do the trick
Yea, first of all clean it inside, clean the cpu, the cpu fan and so on.
(unplug electricity before ^^ )

Post the hijiackthis logs or we can't help you
Clean the cpu, then fan etc. Make sure it's off and unplugged first, obviously.
Close any background programmes you're not using.
hi dear i am new here i watch this forums is very helpful about computer information.i want a help..My system monitor shows that my cpu is working at 100% while my memry reachs 85% this causes my system to hang.i cant enjoy my system again
thank,,
review this heating install

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In-depth tutorial into how a processor works Splodge0007 8 3,149 03-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Last Post: SniperRiflezzzz