Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read This If You're Infected!
If you are infected, please follow these guidelines:

1. Run a full system scan with your antivirus. Make sure it is up to date.

A few links that may be helpful: 2. Download and install either/all of the following:

Spybot Search and Destroy
Ad-Aware
Malwarebytes' AntiMalware

Run a full scan with either/all. Let them remove anything they find.

3. Clear your temp file with ATF Cleaner:

Click here to download ATF-Cleaner by Atribune. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run it.
  • Under 'Main' check the 'Select All' box.
  • Press the 'Empty Selected' button.
    • If you use Firefox browser:
      • Click Firefox at the top and then check the 'Select All' box.
      • Note: If you wish to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.
    • If you use Opera browser:
      • Click Opera at the top and then check the 'Select All' box.
      • Note: If you wish to keep your saved passwords, click No at the prompt.
  • Click 'Exit' on the Main menu to close the program.
4. Do this if the above steps don't help you remove the infection entirely:
  • Download HijackThis from TrendMicro.
  • Install it and run it.
  • Click Do a system scan and save log file
  • When the Notepad pops up, copy and paste the contents of the log into a new thread that you make on SupportForums ( to be more specific, here. Title the thread [HJT log] [your problem].
  • Do NOT fix anything it finds there yet, as most of the entries listed in the log are legit and necessary for a smooth and stable running of your system.
This makes it easier on the HJT Squad to identify people who are in need of help.

=======================================================================

Once a helper has jumped into the thread, do NOT post until the helper has given the ALL CLEAN or cannot help the user, as incorrect and/or amateur actions can damage your computer even more.

Official SupportForums HJT Helpers
  • Paradoxum
  • Yin
  • SuperFly
  • hexon
========================================================================
Once you are clean (your HJT Helper will announce it), there are a few steps you can do to prevent reinfection. For that, read my guides listed above.

Additional links: For HF Members
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
I suggest we move the threads here with a notification to the original author instead of linking them to another site. Let me know what you think of this.
I would move them over, but some of them (Compilation of White Hat Guides) are just links to other HF documents. Maybe there's a way we could mass-import threads - I don't know.

Most of the additional links aren't tremendously important.
We do not need everything on that thread, believe me. Most of them are just reiterations.
I suppose I could add a link to the Tutorial/Guide Database? Just write what you want and I'll do it Smile.
We'll create our analysis and training area from scratch. Smile
I don't think we should use ANY of HF's stuff really.
You must realize we're in a battle against the clock. If we were to rewrite tutorials from scratch, it'd take much longer. And I'm out for the next fortnight, so you both would have to do a lot of work.

If you're up for it, I am.
(05-21-2010, 02:22 PM)Malware Boss Wrote: You must realize we're in a battle against the clock. If we were to rewrite tutorials from scratch, it'd take much longer. And I'm out for the next fortnight, so you both would have to do a lot of work.

If you're up for it, I am.

Not really. What specific tutorials are you pertaining to? The sources we need are not at Hack Forums.
(05-21-2010, 01:29 PM)Yin Wrote: I don't think we should use ANY of HF's stuff really.

I agree, this isn't hf >.>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I am Infected Give some good suggestions heartylover 11 3,975 03-12-2015, 03:19 AM
Last Post: TobyCordova
  Infected - Can't Start System Restore srcstcbstrd 2 1,524 08-17-2014, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Autopost
  [Think You're Infected?! LOOK HERE] Infested Cleaner [White Hat Heper] Infested Terran 11 4,600 02-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Help. Infected with Adware.Toolbar.Dealio Resistance 3 3,509 11-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Resistance
  i may be infected can you analyze this otl log please helpplease 6 2,739 11-23-2011, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Brandenx781