Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A good looking login form [HTML/CSS]
Ok heres a quick tutorial on how to create a decent looking login form in HTML and using CSS. For an example.. http://www.nmapforum.webege.com/Home.html

HTML
Code:
<html>
<body>

<form action="">
<input value="Username" type="text/css" onclick="this.value='';" onfocus="this.select()" onblur="this.value=!this.value?'Username':this.value;" value="Username" /><br />
<input value="********" type="text/css"  onclick="this.value='';" onfocus="this.select()" onblur="this.value=!this.value?'********':this.value;" value="********" />
</form>

</body>
</html>
The above code will create a username and password field. In this example I have set the value to Username & ********. When you click on the text, the input field will clear, and if you click away from the inputs without typing anything, the values will show again.

CSS
Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
INPUT {
background: #000000 url(images/whatever.jpg);
color: white;
border: 0px;
font-family: arial, verdana, ms sans serif;
font-weight: regular;
font-size: 12pt
}
-->
</style>
Customize the CSS to your liking and place it anywhere within the body..
This will allow you to pretty much have full control on what your login form will look like..

Thanks,
The Major
Nice share, I liked how with the CSS you could make it look almost any way you want it to.
Very nice guide. Would this be able to be bridged with like, MyBB? Like if it used the same database for users.
Um how do i make it work ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Good resources for starting your website! WebHosting | Domains | HTML | Scripts! Nasyr 1 13,680 10-13-2014, 06:26 PM
Last Post: lucky
  Free Worker HTML, CSS, Javascript ImFocuzz 2 1,077 04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Last Post: VHPanda
  Forum CSS code problem. inferno.lion 0 655 06-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Last Post: inferno.lion
  Contact form for HTML Crystal 36 8,509 05-24-2013, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Akai
  MyBB CSS Postbit Buttons Peter L 1 1,307 07-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Last Post: 'Snorlax