Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you look for in a forum community?
What's TAZ can I ask?

Also, I tend not to join forums if the owner is immature or has ridiculously bad grammar. I despise sites with strict moderation, as you can see from my sig I tend to get into a large amount of flame wars myself.
Unban me from HF Omni Sad
In a forum, I look for a place where I'm free to express my own opinions on matters without, as eloquently out above, get the ban hammer every time. I don't support censorship and always try to keep my own forum a fun place for everyone, being a guide more than a strict dictator. But I don't like cussing and swearing around a forum. In my opinion, it just gives a bad impression at times.
Sure, the occasional f-bomb is tolerable, but I prefer clean and lively discussions.

Secondly, moderation is also a key note. I too have noticed many sites with great content, but abysmal staff being left inactive. Its a pity, but its the way of the web.
I like forums where u dont have to signup to read something, and I like forums with much active members! Smile
(03-28-2012, 06:32 PM)Omniscient Wrote: An interesting thread with good detailed responses will get me. I like simple clean themes too. If a site is loaded with ads or popups to force me to join I normally click away. I almost never join a site forcing me to register to gain access to thread content.

For me moderation isn't something you'll notice right away. It's a reason I will stay or leave though. Example is TAZ. I was a member there and participated in a couple good threads but because of the lack of good site moderation I logged out and have not returned. When SF passes them I'll find a special way to gloat.

I'm with you there. I know threads get closed but beyond that I'm irritated if I'm censored or chastised. I've gotten into some awesome flame wars in my day too.

And F me I just noticed this thread was a few months old. Oh well...still good content.

Yea. I don't like major themes. I like nice simple themes, also I like custom themes; it show's the forums is dedicated.
First i like threads with good content like this one. Nice theme with no pop-ups a lot of ads etc. Some nice admins and mods who always want to talk normally and don't think they own this world because they are on better rank then me on forum.
Also something what i doesen't like are some stupid restrictions on posting etc.
Innovation, a subject that I like and good members. Pretty much this.