Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
From where to start ?
Hey SF !

I wanted to learn VB since a long time.

I know that many softwares including many crypters are made in VB.

So how do I learn VB ? From where do I download it ? And from do I start learning ?

Also whats the difference between VB.NET , VB6 and VB 2010 , which one should i use ?
You can download vb express from microsoft and its free to activate, and learning it just look around on google. There is many many tutorials on other websites, you just have to google it.
Download it here
I suggest you reading some eBooks, or look up the guy at YouTube called "TeachMeComputer".
arent only the shitty crypters made in vb?
id suggest learning C++
On the other hand, VB (.NET) tend to develop bad habits of syntax, which could interfere if you want to learn other languages later.
I suggest you another equally powerful language, C# (which also use .NET), which has a much richer syntax similar to Java or C++.
VB is very popular for its simplicity, but C# is easier to read once you learned it.
To start with VB.NET, you can read this in the official documentation, at msdn but prefere learn C# here. Smile
I strongly recommend skipping VB.
If you plan on escalating your knowledge in coding.

Everyone that has experience escalating will agree, Stay away from Visual Basic.

Go with C#, it's easy like VB and very similar but gives you experience with C syntax and will let you learn further into C.
[Image: baked1.png]
(03-04-2011, 05:34 PM)LancerImpact Wrote: arent only the shitty crypters made in vb?
id suggest learning C++

Lol HELL NO !!

and @ Baked - why do you use me to stay away from VB ? is C# also good for writing crypters ? Will it give any dependencies ?
C# and VB are almost identical exept one thing (and some other Whistle ) : VB have a bad syntax and C# have a good one.
C# has the same functionality as VB.NET, since they both use the .NET framework.

Why you didn't want to learn C++ ? It is a great langage too. Smile
There's several ways to learn VB online. Just Google tutorials, and you'll find dozens.
VB6 doesn't depend on the .NET framework like VB.NET does, so it can run without it.
sup man nice to meet you i am new to this to