Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Computer wont boot atall!
Today i have been a right twat, i wanted to overclock my cpu a bit i read something somewhere about changing something in the BIOS i changed a few things and one of them was CPU FBS or something it was set to 200 i set it to 300 or 400 which was he highest.

Dont flame me i know its stupid and i shouldnt of messed with stuff i dont know about. But now my computer wont start up. it powers on but nothing happens no beep no nothing just powers up.

Can any1 help me in anyway please.
Can you get back into the BIOS? If you can, change the values back to their originals.
If not, idk, you may have fudged your cpu.
zzzzzzz
think i may have fryed the cpu then because it wont do nothing, fudge!!
Is it a laptop or PC?
zzzzzzz
(05-01-2010, 05:19 PM)daneasaur Wrote: Is it a laptop or PC?

Desktop (PC) im on my laptop atm
Try changing the HDD.
Just to make sure it's not something to do with that. Otherwise you may want to ask someone with CPU knowledge if there is a way of fixing it, or if you need a while new CPU.
zzzzzzz
(05-01-2010, 06:51 PM)daneasaur Wrote: Try changing the HDD.
Just to make sure it's not something to do with that. Otherwise you may want to ask someone with CPU knowledge if there is a way of fixing it, or if you need a while new CPU.

It has nothing to do with the hard drive because nothing comes on the screen and there's no beeps. It's probably the processor.

Try this:
Turn your computer off, flip the switch on your power supply unit in back to off, and unplug your computer. Open the case and take the battery out of your motherboard, wait like 5 minutes. Put the battery back in and everything else back together and try powering it on.
Tell us what happened after.
Or try this.
My jumper was on the bottom right of my mobo unlike in the article, so just look around on it. Wherever it is there should be some tiny words that say something like:
Code:
1-2 Normal
2-3 Clear RTC
nemmy thanks alot it worked i actually found the solution using google Smile but atleast i could of depended on you if i didnt find thesolution. thanks Smile
no problem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It won't boot Annuit Coeptis 4 830 07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Last Post: G3Hawkeye
  SYSTEM BOOT PROBLEM jvvsam01 6 892 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Last Post: ImStalkinYaMom
  Can't boot Computer with external hard drive connected EagerToLearn 6 1,822 05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Last Post: EagerToLearn
  Hardcore Problem: Computer Won't Boot.. (Please Read) Resistance 13 3,214 05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Trouble Partitioning HDD Linux dual-boot iDiDiT 4 1,112 01-30-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: Zoidberg