Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mortal Online (18+) BETA now open!
I just finished downloading it today. So far I'm not impressed. I'll try it again later, but I really don't see myself getting into this game.

Also, it took forever to download. First a 90mb file. Run that, and you have to download a 1.9GB file. Once that's done, another 1.3GB file. Then a 700mb file, then a 7mb file. Very annoying. "Almost done Big Grin... Oh. Another update... Sad". Then when I actually finished downloading it, it would crash when I started it because my audio quality was to high. Took me a while to figure that out.
[Image: genequil.png]
This game is really bad. I would not recommend it to anyone. It's still a BETA, but the real version would be bad.
(04-28-2010, 01:56 AM)Markus Wrote: This game is really bad. I would not recommend it to anyone. It's still a BETA, but the real version would be bad.
How can you be so sure?

You can't tell the future.

People like you are so damn ignorant.
@Pepsi, I just finished downloading the game and made a character, but it freezes at the loading scene where its going to the city :S

EDIT: I got it all set up, but the game is just ewww ;(
[Image: wugcpy.png]

Looks good..thank's dude Oui
[Image: logo.png]
xSexy.org | The New Sexy Forum ! [Erotic Pics & Videos]
I used to play Darkfall, and was really interested in this game when I first heard about it. When I saw some leaked videos on Youtube later on though, it looked kinda crappy :/ I might try this though as it's free and in open beta, Darkfall was very similar to this and I had my best PvP experience in that game. Hopefully MO will be better, or at least the same. Thanks for the thread, didn't know it was in a free open beta Smile
[Image: jadstasig.png]
Ok, I actually spent some time playing it now, and I still don't like it. It has potential to be a good game, however it's barely worth playing right now IMO.

It has a very steep learning curve, and lots of glitchy things. For instance, the wild animals will teleport randomly all over, start flying for no reason, attack you while they are 80 miles away, etc. Sometimes you'll try to attack one, and it will just disappear.

The game is huge. I was able to walk for an entire hour (not even joking) before I found another village thing. There are mounts in this game, however I couldn't figure out where the hell they were. It would have made my walking adventure a lot more enjoyable. Everything in the game seems so spread out. It's mostly HUGE expanses of nothing with pockets of animals. Also, I hate the night and day thing. At night, it is just BLACK. You cant see anything whatsoever. You can get a torch, but that only illuminates a small area, you walk really slow with it, with most of the world you can walk for quite a ways without seeing anything.

The graphics aren't that good in my opinion either. There were a bunch of stripes on the mountains and other far off objects, as well as a few close ones (probably something I did wrong though). You can also see texture seam lines in certain things, which annoys me. The ground is mostly flat and bare, with a few tufts off grass scattered around. It reminds me a bit of Halo PC graphics (a bit better, but still really bare).

Learning how to play the game is very hard. When you start, it just spawns you, and expects you to know what to do from there. There is a help thing, but it only gives like one line on each thing. I've tried searching online for help, but there isn't very much information. I ended up figuring out most of the little things, but there is still a lot I have no idea about.

You might still try it out though. You might have a easier time with it, and maybe find it fun. But I'm fairly disappointed with it.
[Image: genequil.png]
This game looks good, I think I'll join it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEW] Hawken - Beta Key Giveaway єץє 11 1,960 06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Cronus
  Fallout Online Beta Registration iMario 6 971 10-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Last Post: пinja
  BF3 Beta Fragma 44 6,890 10-19-2011, 08:22 AM
Last Post: BreShiE
  Beta - Whispers of War Sir 5 866 03-31-2011, 01:32 PM
Last Post: r0yaL
  What Beta Would you Test out? Epicly 41 4,931 01-08-2011, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Wormag