Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to motivate myself to get up...
I have a hard time waking up in the morning because there isn't anyone to wake me up.
after the alarm goes off i always end up hitting snooze and going back to sleep.

anyone have any clues what i could do to get myself up?
You've just got to force yourself!!!

I find that leaving my blinds open helps me wake when all the sunlight comes in the windows in the morning.
see in the mornings i can sleep through anything. even going to bed at a decent hour i can sleep until school gets out.
Oh I know...

Move your alarm to the other side of your room, this way you will be forced to get out of your bed and walk over and turn it off. By the time you've turned it off you're already up and out of bed Smile
ahhh.
makes sense.
should definately work. i will try this tonight
I have a solution for you to try!

I hate waking up in the mornings as well (I am no longer in school, however).

A good way to wake yourself up is, first off, do what Sam said, then go directly to your bathroom, turn on your sink's cold water, cup your hands and fill them with water, and just splash your face.

Cold water will make you alert Smile
Have an incentive to go to school.
Like, if you have a girlfriend, you should already wake up saying "Omg I get to see [insert name] today Big Grin)
That would sure in the hell wake me up.
Set your alarm to go off like 5-6 times, disable snooze if you can.
(04-25-2010, 08:12 PM)v01d Wrote: I have a hard time waking up in the morning because there isn't anyone to wake me up.
after the alarm goes off i always end up hitting snooze and going back to sleep.

anyone have any clues what i could do to get myself up?

Hi, v01d.

I have the solution. I normally get up at around 6:00AM, so this is what I do.

I set my alarm for 5:00AM, and when it goes off, I set the snooze for half an hour. When it goes off again, I set the snooze for another half hour. By 6:00AM, I've been semi-conscious for one hour, and it makes getting up incredibly easy. The 'snoozing' period is great, as a whole hour is really refreshing.

Thanks,
Malware Boss
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
(04-26-2010, 02:40 PM)Malware Boss Wrote: Hi, v01d.

I have the solution. I normally get up at around 6:00AM, so this is what I do.

I set my alarm for 5:00AM, and when it goes off, I set the snooze for half an hour. When it goes off again, I set the snooze for another half hour. By 6:00AM, I've been semi-conscious for one hour, and it makes getting up incredibly easy. The 'snoozing' period is great, as a whole hour is really refreshing.

Thanks,
Malware Boss

I've tried something similar to this before. I would set my alarm to go off at 6:30 then, 6:40, then finally 6:45

worked for a while
(04-26-2010, 03:47 PM)v01d Wrote: I've tried something similar to this before. I would set my alarm to go off at 6:30 then, 6:40, then finally 6:45

worked for a while

I find it works better if you're awake for longer than fifteen minutes.
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.