Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McAfee, the death of...
(04-23-2010, 05:06 PM)Sam Wrote: I had McAfee, I unistalled it and just used AVG Tongue

AVG has terrible detection rates. I implore you to switch to a competent AV, like avast! or avira.
I don't really ever use AV's. For like 6 months I never had anything, all I use my PC for was gaming and posting on various forums.

I just thought whack on some free protection just for a why not.
(04-23-2010, 05:14 PM)Sam Wrote: I don't really ever use AV's. For like 6 months I never had anything, all I use my PC for was gaming and posting on various forums.

I just thought whack on some free protection just for a why not.

Well, AVG is better than no AV Tongue

I personally don't use an AV. I used to use avast! 5, but I find AVs/Firewalls to be so annoying, since I know how to prevent infections anyway. It's like wearing a life jacket even though you can swim.
Yeh I know, I'm careful and experienced of not being a fool on the Internet and have common sense enough to not get infected.

I am an AV.
I'm happy with avast! myself.
My second chance would be Avaira... I think thats how you spell it. Created by the same people.
I feel bad for the guy who codded it...
The guy?
The company!!
Pretty big foul up and this appears to effect their corporate clients. Smart competitors are going to take some real advantage of this and McAfee is going to lose marketshare.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
Well I can safely say that I will never use McAfee again. Unless of course they become half decent.
I use to use McAfee, I never really liked it and it never did the job. Then I installed Avast and it solved everything!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blue Screen of Death? Red X 13 2,706 10-24-2009, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Red X