Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BootCamp
What you guys think about the BootCamp Feature?
&

Can you help me set it up, I've already done the google search and what not. Hoping if any of you got a mac, to gimme a tutorial on how to run the bootcamp feature and get it all set up, and what I can do with it. Big Grin
I never used bootcamp before but i use virtual box and run a slimmed down windows xp inside Mac os x faster than my mothers new laptop that runs vista. I can help you set up virtual box if you need.
Have a look at my TuT: http://www.supportforums.net/showthread.php?tid=653
@ Cyber: Whats the diff between them?
Using bootcamp is installing the OS on your harddrive and booting from it natively. Using virtual box ( virtual machine ) is installing it on a virtual harddrive and running it from inside your current OS.

But just use the above posters TUT it seems very easy
Ah ok, Im gonna figure things out before and than If I decide Virtual Box, Ill come back too you. Big Grin
Ehm, I was thinking instead of running Windows as the bootcamp, is it possible to run Linux?
Some one lemme know
Quote:Ehm, I was thinking instead of running Windows as the bootcamp, is it possible to run Linux?
Some one lemme know

Yeah you can but if you want to get rid of the ubuntu partition i think you have to reformat the whole HD because the ubuntu format isnt ntfs or fat32 so boot camp doesnt recognize it
You should definitely use bootcamp because it allows you to focus all your ram on windows.
@ cyber: hmm sounds interesting, Ill have to research about it..

@ deesyre: lol, Im going to guess you prefer xp> mac Big Grin

Hehe

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TuT] Bootcamp Cellydy 3 887 10-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Cellydy
  BootCamp (Snow Leopard) windows SP updating problem fix Shinkirou 0 1,220 10-08-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Shinkirou