Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making a case?
has anyone ever made a pc tower case before? im putting together a pc just for webbrowsing and want to make a transparrent case to make it look unique and wanted to know if its practical
Yeah, try thinkgeek, they have some good cases.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/
I havn't yet but i am planning on making one out of MDF, easy to cut, style and put together aswell as blending in as it's wood. Also no sharp edges, and wood won't spark your components.
You can always use Perspex... It'll be clear too, and you can sand down the edges. Smile
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye
Get some good o' gray microsoft case, and modify it.
You just cut some holes in it, make flames etc, and then put transparent plast.
Then paint it any color, put some LEDs to it and you have a nice computer case.

Nice example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s5iw7gTyYg
PHP Code:
while(posting) {

postCount++;

happiness++;

im going to use clear perspect for most of it, il remember to make it well ventilated tho.
(10-08-2009, 08:55 AM)elobire Wrote: has anyone ever made a pc tower case before? im putting together a pc just for webbrowsing and want to make a transparrent case to make it look unique and wanted to know if its practical

sounds like quite a project. I know the hobby lobby in our city has a glass cutter in the picture frame section. If you needed something cut I'm sure you could find one and pay them to cut it.
To make it transparant, perspect will probably be the best bet.
You wanna go on to themodbrothers forums completley about case modding and building, very simply actually and IMO the best currently is MNPCTECH or MonsterMawd on Youtube.
I'm sure if you got a transparent case you would end up hating it, because the looks of all the wires and such. It wouldn't be pretty.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The coolest computer case ever, Level 10, Omniscient 19 2,325 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM
Last Post: RedOwn
  Changing Computer's Case daneasaur 14 1,558 04-30-2010, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Nemmyy