Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add "don't ask for rep" in the rules.
I've seen several threads saying "Rep is appreciated." I've reported them, but I think that this should be an explicit rule so they can't use that as an excuse.
I believe I saw a similar post in the "Rules" thread. It never happened though.
(04-18-2010, 03:51 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I've seen several threads saying "Rep is appreciated." I've reported them, but I think that this should be an explicit rule so they can't use that as an excuse.

This should be assumed IMHO
Pm me if you need assistance with anything.
I think it's globally known that none of Omni's sites like asking for rep.
Not everyone is from Omni's sites.
True, anyway if someone asks for rep then it doesn't really matter does it? You just ignore them or give them it if they deserve it.
(04-18-2010, 04:11 PM)Sam Wrote: True, anyway if someone asks for rep then it doesn't really matter does it? You just ignore them or give them it if they deserve it.

No.. it should not be hinted at at all. Think about it this way:

Someone writes a tutorial on how to use .psd files in GIMP and say, "If this helped you, please +rep me." Then a user uses the tutorial, but doesn't think that the OP is worthy of a rep. However, he feels guilty for not +repping him because of that line. Then it's wrong.
I agree with Elektrisk on this one, I think that there should not be any posts, threads, or signatures in which people directly ask for rep or guilt trick people into repping them. It ruins the entire point of the reputation system. This should definitely be in the rules.
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

At the end of the day it's just a green number under your name. But I see where your coming from.
I agree with Elektrisk. I remember a few people who sold eBooks and their pw for the eBook was "+repisappreciated"
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Few Ideas Regarding The Rules BreShiE 25 8,710 12-27-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Howwikis
  Force read rules DAMINKā„¢ 21 5,328 12-27-2019, 02:57 AM
  Rules [New Members Please Read] Omniscient 261 143,318 12-23-2019, 02:24 AM
  Add: View My Threads Eternal. 11 2,644 10-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Autopost
  Suggestion: Add This Smiley BreShiE 4 942 04-12-2012, 08:59 AM