Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Me Sort This Out
Hello, everyone.

I have a little dilemma, and would appreciate your opinions.

I'm a forums junkie, and I don't know which community to dedicate to. Below are a list of forums I'm active in and what I do there.
  • SupportForums
    • I guess I'm an all-rounder here at SupportForums. Mostly active in the HJT section - only problem is inactivity isn't really attractive. I can see SF as a place I'd like to be, however.
  • Hack Forums
    • I'm undergoing HJT training here - that will not cease. I used to be very active in the White Hat Help section, but due to schooling, I'm unable to commit to that at the moment. If I get some more time, that's where I wold spend it.
  • ChannelFuse Main Forum
    • I'm a global moderator at this forum, and it's my role to look over the site. I'm the caretaker, I guess.
  • AdminsForum
    • I'm the Administrator here, and it's my role to basically run the show. AdminsForum is a product of ChannelFuse and it's currently very inactive, as it hasn't been officially launched yet. Still setting things up, I suppose.
There are more forums, but not worth mentioning here.

Anyway, my problem is this. I've just been accepted into the Volleyball Australia Elite Development Program, and I'll be training for this for 3 hours a day for three days a week. On top of that, I'm in the Metropolitan East Regional Volleyball Team, and I've got training for that for 2 hours a week. On top of all of this, I'm an academic at school - that's my top priority, so I have to dedicate a lot of time to studies.

As many of you would know, I like to be a quality member. I'm not the 'five word post' type - usually. I want to be active in all the above forums, but I really cannot dedicate myself to all of them. I want help in deciding one or two to drop.

I'll be active at Hack Forums just for the HJT training which is my second priority at the moment. I need to know whether or not I should continue over at ChannelFuse - the site's going to be big, but inactivity is killing me.

So, what would you do?
Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.
It is great that you have been accepted. So just explain to each forum about why you will be taking absense. People will understand because quite frankly everyone has different prioritys. I would suggest just maybe posting or checking a few times a day in order to maintain your image, but just explain about your absense.
Goodluck!
-Poppins
WhiteHat Hacker, Infection Control and HJT Team Trainee
Poppins™
Originally from: Hackforums.net
I've been doing that for a while, but the only real time I can dedicate fully to all sites is on the holidays.
I would go for the most active site. SF isn't the most active of sites so maybe put it on the back bench.

To narrow it down I personally would choose between vuse and HF, but would lean towards HF because of your HJT apprenticeship. That can come in handy. If vuse isn't very active, try mod that and continue your traineeships at HF.
Thanks for the input, Extasey. I may just take your advice.
No worries. And congrats on your volleyball acceptance.
Thank-you, Extasey.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Who am we? (joke sort of anyway) DAMINK™ 2 609 08-16-2010, 06:07 AM
Last Post: DAMINK™