Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tut] Do you smoke in your computer area?
If you are like alot of the other people out there that are smokers. You are most likely one of those who smoke in your home or computer area. Well I have news for ya your screen is completly covered in tar and other smoking by products.

The solution
1. Have an lcd screen with tar and smoke build-up
2. Have some papertowels or microfiber cleaning cloths
3. Rubbing alcohol

Steps
1. Turn off computer screen and unplug from outlet
2. Pour some rubbing alcohol on cleaning material
3. Wipe screenwith cleaning material
4. Look at cleaning material with disgust
5. Be amazed by how much clearer it looks

Pretty simple I have found that rubbing alcohol is probably the best cleaner to get rid of smoke build up on hard surfaces.
This will also work on your car windows. If you ever noticed if you are driving at night and when a passing car comes by there is a clear on your window it is because it is dirty and needs to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol.

The only downside is that rubbing alcohol has a very potent smell but at least it gets the job done.
That's interesting..my mom smokes a lot, maybe I'll nag at her about it. :p
<Aoi-chan> everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
Yea it can really screw with your computer screen or any other electronic that has a screen. As it is a brownish black clear film that builds up. You might not think its bad until you use a paper towel and some alcohol and clean and look at what it picked up.
wow good tut man.
Nice one but some soapy liquid too will work.
I'ma try this later on and get back to you on how well it worked. I'll pick up some alcohol when i go shopping today, thanks for this bro.
Yes it is true alcohol can cure almost every problem....

But thanks for reading and I hope you see pretty clear results.
wow thanks for this man
This was an interesting, I don't smoke, but my mother do.
My English Skill = FAIL
Wow, I didn't know that you could build up tar on your monitor. I'm glad I don't smoke.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [TUT]6 Steps to Troubleshooting PC Issues.[TUT] Codad Law 22 8,178 07-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Evaluation
  [TUT] Make your PC clean & Fast & safe! WITH PICTURES! [/TUT] iRoroana 12 3,293 06-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Last Post: iRoroana
  [Tut]How to Partition a Hard Drive[/Tut] Idiot #1 23 6,834 05-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Last Post: elvinguitar
  [TUT] How to password protect files! [TUT] Codad Law 10 2,428 03-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Last Post: aggouras
  [TuT] How to Reformat your Computer Emerge™ 7 1,221 07-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Emerge™