Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Macbook Pro!
[Image: 150575-newmbpfamily_original.png]

Apple updates MacBook Pros with Core i5, i7 processors.

The 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pros saw the biggest jumps, as they now use Intel’s Core i5 and i7 processors. Designed with a 32-nanometer process, the Core i5 and i7 sport integrated memory controllers and Level 3 caches. A Turbo Boost feature lets the dual processor cores optimize their performance, allowing speeds of up to 3.06GHz for dual core tasks, and 3.33GHz for tasks involving just one core.

As with the previous iterations, both the 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models feature two graphics processors, in this case the Nvidia GeForce GT330M for high-performance needs and the Intel HD graphics for more power efficiency. And in an improvement over the last generation, Apple says the system will automatically figure out which graphics processor is needed for a program or operation, and switch as necessary to give you both the best in performance and battery life. In the past you had to go into System Preferences, choose a graphics option, and log out and back in for the change to take effect.

“We wanted to make the process much more seamless for the user,” a representative told us during a briefing on the Apple campus Tuesday. To that end, the company made it so the Macs intelligently switch between integrated and discrete graphics as needed.

More info at:
http://www.macworld.com/article/150575/2...pdate.html
[Image: Scarface.jpg]
I have one, pretty amazing. Sometimes it just freezes randomly and you cant fix it unless you restart it. Overall amazing.
tay.Superman
wow looks nice, I might get one.. for video editing! less 200 bucks!
(04-16-2010, 10:43 PM)Prettykitty Wrote: wow looks nice, I might get one.. for video editing! less 200 bucks!

You'd be better off with a pavilion DV6/DV7

I sighed when they said intel graphics.
[Image: kco478.png]
Intel graphics lol. Looks pretty sweet
(04-17-2010, 02:27 AM)I Am Divine Wrote: You'd be better off with a pavilion DV6/DV7

Nah I like the use of video editing programs on macs, because they are really organized.. besides i wanna use imovie and final cut etc.. so it only works on a mac Victoire
Hmmm! nice.I may buy it!
I'm saving up for a new Macbook Pro. Mine broke a couple of weeks ago, and Apple won't repair it for free, because there's no warranty left on it.
(04-17-2010, 02:27 AM)I Am Divine Wrote: You'd be better off with a pavilion DV6/DV7

Coming into the Apple section and telling someone that they need a Windows computer for video editing isn't very wise.
[Completely Honest. Seriously.]

Protip: Anonymous Reputation Points are for Pussies
(05-17-2010, 03:55 PM)iintens Wrote: Coming into the Apple section and telling someone that they need a Windows computer for video editing isn't very wise.

...Even I know that!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Macbook Pro <3 Pokémon 54 14,406 11-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Party
  New Macbook Air? Jet 20 4,195 07-30-2011, 03:03 AM
Last Post: VIRUZ™
  Macbook drivers for Windows 7 Help Adlil 4 1,806 07-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Drakon