Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's discuss web browser security.
Hello.

After some off-topic posts discussing web browser security (mainly Firefox vs. Chrome, because IE and 'security' don't belong in the same sentence together), I have decided to make this thread.

What do y'all think? How secure is Firefox? How secure is Chrome? How do they compare against each other?
I think Chrome, being a newer release will have better security than firefox. As they say, learn from past experiences.
[Image: technome.jpg]
S.M.A.R.T.A.S.S.
I like firefox most but chrome and opera arnt bad at all..
I just dont find IE good =S
Browser security is a must have. I mean I spent a day writing a massive thread on it. People often assume that you can't get infected if you do not download anything. With a cr*ppy browser: yes you can. I'm using chrome at the moment just for looks and speed not security because I am on linux. On my windows I use firefox with a lot of plugins Smile.
-Poppins
WhiteHat Hacker, Infection Control and HJT Team Trainee
Poppins™
Originally from: Hackforums.net
Firefox would be considered the most secure mainly for the reasons stated in this thread. I personally love the amazing add-ons.
Firefox is solid, it's been out for years and it's open source. Never had a problem with it.
I love Mozzila because of it's ease of use and it's security but more because it's a non-profit making organization.

@ Paradoxum - Great page there. I didn't know Firefox had most of those features.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's your favorite browser? Omniscient 294 102,350 12-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Clones
  Need a new browser. myposbussie 54 17,217 12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Last Post: ๖ۣۜHacker™
  Choose Your Favorite Browser BreShiE 61 14,662 10-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Muted