Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How bad is weed really?
For me if it's safer than alcohol and alcohol is legal then that's fine with me.
I heard that Caffeine was worse for your body.
[Image: gfxbanner.png]
It's not as bad as cigs but it is illegal for a reason...
Honestly, it's just a plant that grows naturally. I've had this discussion with many people. Yeah, I agree that it should be against the law to operate a motor vehicle or heavy machinery when you're under the influence, but marijuana itself shouldn't be illegal. I don't characterize it as a drug, such as cocaine or meth. It GROWS that way. Sure, people do make their own strains by splicing and cross breeding, but there's no harmful chemicals involved. It's not like you're cutting coke in a bathtub full of chemicals or cooking up some meth in a pot over a flame. People say it's a gateway drug. Well, it might be if you can't control yourself, but that's based solely on the user, not what's being used. It affects your life in a bad way only if you let it.

Is it bad for you? Possibly, depends on how you use it. On the other hand, it does have extraordinary medicinal uses.

Oh, and I don't smoke weed. Just in case anybody was wondering. Have I tried it? Yeah. At first I was totally against it, but then I realized I was talking bad about something I've never had experience with before. I've just discussed this topic and written a few essays on it in school.
[Image: csx47jm4kbi80w88ajnf.png]
Weed is healthy, but also unhealthy, you know what I mean?
(04-11-2010, 12:36 PM)x3rminate Wrote: Marijuana, weed, mj, etc. We know what it is, probably everyone in this forum has smoked/ate (brownies) weed. How bad is it, really? I want this to be a real discussion thread;

I'm turning 14 on Monday and I've been smoking weed since about 6 months ago. I started off slowly, like about once or twice a week maximum, then it depended on how much I had available. I was smoking about three times a week to once a day - it really just depended on my quantity. What should I do? It's not really affecting me too much - I'm still doing good in school, I do (some of) my homework (dirty LA school), my social life is fine, and etc; the subject's just troubling me a lot. I'm 5'8, have a post-puberty based voice, and don't look like a pothead. Any thoughts?

See the problem is that there is always 2 sides to look at.
For starters lets look at the pros of Weed
1. Helps you relax
2. Creates an atmosphere you are mentally able to conquer
3. Might help you make new social connections
Other then that there really is no benifet or pro to smoking or any other drug for that matter

Now the cons
1. Slows down reaction time
2. Gives a false sense of reality
3. Harms interpersonal skills
4. Serves no real purpose
5. Creates a dependency
6. Shows lack of character
that is just a start

See I have smoked up way back in the past. Did I ever get an award, did I ever do anything that was great while high no. The best things in life that I have ever received was were I had to put actual work to things.
In todays day and age people thing that they need to escape and for alot of people that escape is to do some type of drug mainly weed. Why do people always want to think that well everyone else does it so why not me. Why not just try and be you, be the unique person that you are and actually do something worth while. Go play some sports,get a girlfriend, have some sex do something that you can remember.
What is the point of smoking weed because in the end you are right back where you started just a person looking to get high. When you could've actually done something wroth remembering.
Weed is a double edged sword. Its not good, its not very bad either.
It depends who smokes it too, the results varie from smoker to smoker.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Weed is by no means bad. People only say it is because that's what they have been taught. But [conspiracy]the government won't legalize because of the tax. They could tax it but it would not work because it's a plant you can grow. You can't tax something that you can grow out the ground. Well you can it's just people would just grow it instead of paying for it. [/conspiracy]
-Poppins
WhiteHat Hacker, Infection Control and HJT Team Trainee
Poppins™
Originally from: Hackforums.net
(04-14-2010, 10:58 AM)Poppins™ Wrote: Weed is by no means bad. People only say it is because that's what they have been taught. But [conspiracy]the government won't legalize because of the tax. They could tax it but it would not work because it's a plant you can grow. You can't tax something that you can grow out the ground. Well you can it's just people would just grow it instead of paying for it. [/conspiracy]
-Poppins

You can't just go and say, weed is not bad. Like I said before, results varie from smoker to smoker.
[Image: Nyan.jpg]
Weed isn't that bad unless you smoke ALOT of it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dad Smokes Weed Again... Glype 3 787 03-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Last Post: justagirl
  Caught Smoking Weed Smoke2Joints 10 2,716 08-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Last Post: Mark Zuckerberg
  Bad dream + Bad Phone call Minus-Zero 17 2,565 07-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Minus-Zero