Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7 from Ext. HDD
Yea, it should work fine... It will be a little slower maybe running a game, but information wise i think your set... ONLY as long as you have eSATA connected... With the USB 2.0 function, it would be a little slower in compiling and recompiling information, but the average MAXIMUM DATA TRANSFER RATE for any internal SATA HD is between 55MB/s and 80MB/s (from personal experience)... Also, a 32MB Run Buffer would be nice so the HD keeps up the your demands, unfortunately the spec sheet from your HD doesn't specify this info...

"Access Time : 8.5ms"
"Sustained Data Transfer (Maximum) : 68 MB/S"
"Bus Transfer Rate (Maximum) : 60 MB/S (USB 2.0), 300MB/S (eSATA 300)"
Well as far as data handling and all it's fine. Works great. I just can't connect to any wireless networks. Only wired. Any ideas?
[Image: arch2.png]
You might need to manually set the network up... It technically should work, because the only difference is that you HD is 'outside' your computer, but i should 'act' like the same thing as an internal... Other than that, i dont have any ideas right now, never tried to run an OS off an External HD...
Post up HERE so you could get more feedback!!! Good Luck...
(10-09-2009, 09:43 AM)Ovchik Wrote: You might need to manually set the network up... It technically should work, because the only difference is that you HD is 'outside' your computer, but i should 'act' like the same thing as an internal... Other than that, i dont have any ideas right now, never tried to run an OS off an External HD...
Post up HERE so you could get more feedback!!! Good Luck...

Yea I know what you mean. I'm connect via LAN right now. Tried installing drivers again. Nothing is working.
Have you try using device doctor?:

http://www.devicedoctor.com/device-doctor-download.php
[Image: mynewsig.jpg]

Want to know how to stop offline Phisher for good, well click here
(10-09-2009, 12:39 PM)Acekidd01 Wrote: Have you try using device doctor?:

http://www.devicedoctor.com/device-doctor-download.php

I'll try it and see how it goes. I have no idea what's wrong. I'm suspecting missing drivers, but I don't know which ones. I have an unknown device in my Device Manager. Will post back after using Device Doctor.
I had a similar problem, but it was my Video Card adapter that needed an upgrade, and with that program it helped me solved the problem and use Aero Shake

My problem has been resolved. Thank you to everyone who replied to my query. In the end I needed only to uninstall my wireless adapter's driver and reboot my computer.
Lol :p...

Well glad that your problem is solved

Awesome, Glad to Help...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Insall OS on brand new blank HDD problem |Z3R0| 5 1,069 09-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Tony Montana
  Help with replacing hdd. Annuit Coeptis 6 1,160 07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Annuit Coeptis