Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanking children as a means of discipline.
(07-27-2010, 01:12 AM)Virtual Reality Wrote: I don't necessarily think it's a good method of discipline. You are just installing COMPLETELY incorrect values in the minds of innocent children.

Ahh yes, who are you to tell me what values are wrong? They are my children, and I'll be damned if I allow anyone tell me how to raise them.

(07-27-2010, 02:30 AM)SehCure Wrote: Spanking;; Yum.

Norly, I think, within reason its upto the parents - If they think it's called for then..I guess it is.
They know their children better than anyone else.

But then there's cases where they abuse them so..
Its hard to come up with a conclusion.

I agree. Parents know their children, and know what works. I've tried everything with my daughter. I know what works. Sometimes she can do with a talking to, sometimes she needs some timeout, some times she needs to loose something for a day or two, or a week. Sometimes I need to spank her. 3 times, on the butt, with an open hand. Never out of anger, I've walked away instead of punishing her several times, because you should never discipline your kid out of anger, that's where the abuse starts coming into play.

There is no gray area as far as the law is concerned, however, according to my morals and values, there is. Texas allows you to use physical discipline as long as there are no marks left over an extended period of time. I agree with DAMINK, if they can feel it more than 2 mins later (more than a slight sting) than it was too hard. That's why I always asked my daughter a few minutes later if she could still feel it, it allows me gauge how hard is too hard. Again, out of anger is wrong. You will hit harder and more times than you really should/mean to.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
TOTALLY AGREE WITH GRIZZLY.
Great reply mate. Its a reply from all parents that think this is acceptable.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(07-27-2010, 02:07 AM)DAMINK™ Wrote: 2000% disagree with you.
What spanking does do is teach respect. An important lesson for someone to learn.
Look at most kids these days. Out of control. Why? You tell me.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think showing children that displaying violence against them helps you get what you want, they will think they can go around spanking people who are being mean to them. Thus leading to future sexual harassment charges.
FREE E-BOOK! Make Money With YouTube!
CLICK HERE TO MAKE HUNDREDS A DAY -- IT'S 100% FREE
(07-27-2010, 10:22 AM)Virtual Reality Wrote: I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think showing children that displaying violence against them helps you get what you want, they will think they can go around spanking people who are being mean to them. Thus leading to future sexual harassment charges.

That's putting too much thought into it.

They're only kids, it teaches them that if they do something wrong, there will be consequences. A parent has to draw the line somewhere, otherwise, the child won't ever have respect for anything. That's just my opinion.
(07-27-2010, 10:22 AM)Virtual Reality Wrote: I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. I think showing children that displaying violence against them helps you get what you want, they will think they can go around spanking people who are being mean to them. Thus leading to future sexual harassment charges.

That's a HUGE leap and in no way backed by ANY facts. Do you have kids? Have you studied kids? If you're going to come spewing this type of stuff at least back it up with facts.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I think violence should be used as a last resort after trying to talk to them.
[Image: 2d0l0fl.png]