Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanking children as a means of discipline.
(04-12-2010, 05:13 PM)Omniscient Wrote: It's effective up till a certain age. I've spanked all my kids and everyone tells me how well behaved they are. At some point though spanking them isn't as effective as reasoning with them. But you can't reason with a 5 year old at least not without going insane. If you spank a child a few times for repeatedly bad behavior they will get the message if they are normal children. Children with ADHD will not be effected imho by any punishment. Reasoning or corporal punishment won't get past their disability.

i have ADHD maybe that was my issue Roflmao
[Image: sig.php]
I think that this needs to be the parents choice but if you hit a dog it tends to become aggressive and scared so i dont see why a kid would be expected to act differently. The highway would have a greater impact on me
My father doesn't spank me, however my mother use to, she's broken several wooden sticks on my butt.

However as you grow up later in life, you'll understand why they spanked you.
(04-14-2010, 08:42 AM)nofear1999 Wrote: My father doesn't spank me, however my mother use to, she's broken several wooden sticks on my butt.

However as you grow up later in life, you'll understand why they spanked you.

To be honest, my parents never spanked me. However, they claim that I never acted like a little brat. Of course, all children are unreasonable, but some are worse than others. I don't see why they would lie, so I'm going to have to assume they are telling the truth.
I think spanking is definitely affective as some children don't get the point with only verbal contact. It's like a child that is playing with fire, they will never learn until they get burnt.
I don't believe in spanking. My aunt does it all the time to her kids, and my mom barely did it to me. I do not agree with it, what so ever.
My mom used to beat my ass with a wooden spoon. I did something wrong when I was like 8 or something. When I got home I decided to hide every spoon in the house. She had my step dad make me a paddle that said "Randy's Attitude Adjuster" on it, drill holes in it (cuts down wind resistance) and put a rubber grip on it lol.

I spank my daughter (she's 4). Usually I'll yell, or put her in timeout, take away TV, send her to her room, whatever, but sometimes she gets spanked. It's more of an attention grabber than a punishment. There is nothing wrong with spanking. 3 times on the ass and the kid should be fine. California's doing it wrong, completely outlawing it. Some kids need corporal punishment to stay in line, others need explanations, and still others just need the threat.
Do you know how to make games? Do you know 3d Modeling? If so then visit
[Image: logo.png]
I was hit as a kid. I think it did more good then harm. In public I'm respectful and I follow all rules, and could be considered a "good kid" of society. I haven't really gotten into drugs or even alcohol a lot, and I'm 17. It also taught me to stand up for myself when the time was right. My parents stopped hitting me because I eventually learned to stand up to them. It also helped that I was like a foot taller than them both.
I use to get hit when I was really young. To big for that stuff but I don't see it as a punishment. We're not dogs.
[Image: ojntld.png]
  • MSN: xAnonymous420@Hotmail.com
I honestly think there is nothing wrong with spanking, if it's used as disciplinary action for extremely unruly behavior.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]