Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spanking children as a means of discipline.
I agree with the idea. I was as a child and i'm now 16 and great full that I didn't turn out to be horrible or something because my mum gave discipline. It's bad that the media are now making it so parents should try and reason with a child. If they are a teenager, possibly. You cannot reason with a 4 year old?
(04-09-2010, 05:13 AM)TheBlackMarket Wrote: I never spank my children. If i will spank my children everytime they do something wrong, Then my kids wont love me. They will hate me instead and they maybe run away from home and drinks alcoholic or start take drugs or something like that. I don't know whats going to happend if i start spanking them. But as father i won't hurt my own kids! I thinks that's terrible.

It's not about hurting at all, you don't hit them so it hurts. It's just a little shock to show them what they have done is wrong. Trust me on this, it's the kids with the self-righteous liberal parents who go out drinking and doing drugs, not the ones who have been disciplined correctly.
[Image: Lj]
(04-11-2010, 12:22 PM)Vorfin Wrote: It's not about hurting at all, you don't hit them so it hurts. It's just a little shock to show them what they have done is wrong. Trust me on this, it's the kids with the self-righteous liberal parents who go out drinking and doing drugs, not the ones who have been disciplined correctly.

I really think it all depends on both the parent as well as the child. My parents believed in corporal punishment, and spanked us, or so they tell me. I don't actually remember either one ever hitting me, but I was pretty much a space cadet anyway so I'll have to take their word for that.

But regardless of whatever happened, it was always OUR fault, and we were always punished. My parents never stuck up for us because they felt it was our fault regardless for getting into whatever situation got us in trouble in the first place. I can't say I felt they were unfair about that either.

But our punishments were more along the lines of having to clean our the garage or basement, getting grounded and having privileges taken away from us, etc. -- and they were strictly enforced.

If they spanked us, it was only when we were fairly young.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
I don't think its that big of a deal. If you can't correct your kids than you should just say go get girls pregnant or go smoke a dutch.
14; parents hit me.

One time I got caught smoking from parents, dad got my skateboard and sprained my pinky and bruised me Sad.
think it's just wrong , imho.
(04-11-2010, 01:08 PM)majordave Wrote: I really think it all depends on both the parent as well as the child. My parents believed in corporal punishment, and spanked us, or so they tell me. I don't actually remember either one ever hitting me, but I was pretty much a space cadet anyway so I'll have to take their word for that.

But regardless of whatever happened, it was always OUR fault, and we were always punished. My parents never stuck up for us because they felt it was our fault regardless for getting into whatever situation got us in trouble in the first place. I can't say I felt they were unfair about that either.

But our punishments were more along the lines of having to clean our the garage or basement, getting grounded and having privileges taken away from us, etc. -- and they were strictly enforced.

If they spanked us, it was only when we were fairly young.

Of course, it has to be enforced. But you see far too often punishments like "having to clean our the garage or basement, getting grounded and having privileges taken away from us, etc." Not working because there is no authority in the first place.

Chores are a great punishment as long as the child does them, but I've seen too many cases when the child says no, makes a fuss and the parent gives in. IMO it's not a major factor in how the child will grow up, and it's just another parenting style that has it's pros and cons. The key is authority, and there are different ways to gain it.
[Image: Lj]
Lmao. I will never hit my child. I don't approve of others spanking their kids at least explain to them what they're doing is wrong, even if it takes a million times to say it. Don't spank them just because they've done something wrong. They'll never get the point. As stated, they'll get the impression, I won't say such and such or do this or that because I'll get a spanking. They won't know the real reason not to do or say something negative if all they do is get spanked for it.
I think spanking helps, it teaches you about punishment, but also teaches you what is right and wrong.
(04-12-2010, 04:38 PM)Elite Wrote: I think spanking helps, it teaches you about punishment, but also teaches you what is right and wrong.

So where does violence fit in? Right, or wrong?