Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Motivation..?
Basically I've had a permanent illness for 4-5 years now (Im now 16)

Last year I missed around 6 months of school.

Since I have come back I have absolutely NO motivation to do anything.
For example unlike most people I used to do my homework on the first or second day I got it, just so I could do whatever I wanted after; but now I find myself doing it 10 minutes before or even in the lesson.

I really dont know what to do... Its not just academic but I thought I'd post it here as it is affecting that the most.

Any suggestions that arent 'Suck it up'?
Get a tutor it will help you get your head back in the game.

ANd get your grades in the right and narrow if they have went down due to the "Last minute completions of your work"
You need to schedule work into your day. Make it part of a routine and stick to it. Set a time of when you are going to do the work and get it done, when it's finished reward yourself Tongue

Hey, maybe you'll even look forward to it.
Well...really no one can help you with that but yourself man. You could set limits for yourself, like, Ban yourself from the computer unless your work is all done?
(04-07-2010, 03:05 PM)iFuck Wrote: Get a tutor it will help you get your head back in the game.

ANd get your grades in the right and narrow if they have went down due to the "Last minute completions of your work"

Thats the problem. Im naturally intelligent, and have to put literally no effort in to do well.
There just seems to be no...Reason to do anything. I'd much rather sit on my bed pondering paradoxes or daydreaming.
Its like ever since then I have no sense of urgency; I used to be worried about exams, now im not. At all. Its kinda worrying Gratte
Talk to your parents/teachers explain to them your problem. You'll get a good response I imagine.
I suggest you get home schooled, or find an alternative to public school. Once you've been away for so long, it's hard to fall into that habit of doing work again.
I know this can be hard sometimes. Talk to your parents about this. They can help, trust me.
Hmm. If you have parents, I'd talk to them about helping you, perhaps put on some music, or even meditate before you begin to write.

Write what comes to mind on PAPER. From there, branch out.
[Image: 0fcb61bd256add2d3b03271e3fa0cfbb.gif]
Well, I always feel like nothings worth doing when I forget to take my antidepressants for a while. I won't even want to play games or watch TV, and instead will just go to bed as soon as I get home.
I don't know if this would apply to you, but still...
[Image: genequil.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble with motivation in College? Synn 15 3,323 11-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Last Post: Zombot
  Motivation problems -Colin-™ 6 810 08-24-2011, 04:51 PM
Last Post: -Colin-™
  Motivation Help kman21893 9 1,209 02-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity