Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[help] NTSC or PAL
I want to buy a PC game from the US on ebay but in the description it says that the game is NTSC, how do I know if the game will work on my computer in SA?

Does it matter NTSC or PAL?

Thanks
As far as I know NTSC and PAL only apply to Televisions. So in the case of buying a video game for any console, then yes it would matter. But for the PC only the language matters. With that I mean if you buy a game from the Orient then you have a big chance English is not on there and you can only choose from Asian languages. ;) My answer is no, when buying a computer game for the PC you do not have to take NTSC or PAL into consideration.
I am buying from "Perrysburg, OH, United States" do you think english would be an option?
NTSC is the better one in TV sets..
But i don't think it applies to PCs.
Make sure it's a PC Game.
Giveaway - A Rare Autoblog Guide. PM me for it, by clicking here.

Hey guys. It's Dr.Viper from HF. Howdy.
o HTML and PHP based website design.
o SEO/SEM services.
o Logo & GFX Design services.
And above all, everyone know what i'm good at HF... So,
o Security Consultancy.
I'm pretty sure it depends on your console. NTSC consoles (America, Canada etc) won't play PAL games and vice versa. So check with your console manufacturer if your console has the ability to play PAL/NTSC games.

Just off the top of my head and as far as I know, only the DS is "region free". Any other console requires for you to play in your native format.
I have buyed an imported game from the US and it worked on my EU Xbox console.
Most modern TV's doesn't care if the game is NTSC or PAL. Older TV's will obviously be restricted based on the country.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
English will definitely be an option buying from the States. Smile

@Code King: Awesome Sig. Big Grin I got all seven seasons.
ntsc

bes
[Image: 2d75599e9a.png]:superman: