Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do I plug my computer fans into?
If I bought a case that had 6 fans on it, then what do I plug them all into?
Because normally on a motherboard you only get one fan plug in, for your heatsink fan.
I think I might be supposed to plug them into my powersupply but I don't have fan connectors on my PSU.
You should be able to find an adapter that will allow you to plug the fans into your PSU, do some searching around.

However, since your motherboard won't be able to regulate the speed of the fans it's going to be pretty loud.
[Image: MreGSXsigcopy.png]

What case did you get?
most of the cases (that have that amount of fans) have switches to change the fan speed.

Does it use pins as a power connector? Or something else... like SATA (I really doubt it will use SATA)
If your fans have plugs/pins like that of continuous christmas lights, just look for the nearest powersupply bundle. How big are your fans, is that casing a really tall tower or just a standard case?
[Image: wa3bbk.jpg]
Help us help you...
Why don't by a speedfan thing, just like this one : http://www.komplett.dk/img/p/400/303859.jpg

Because when you are playing games, you can run them all to the highest, and when you are on the internet you can run them so you can't hear them.....? Smile
What connectors dous it have?
A molex connector?

Or dous it has both, beqause when it has both, the 12 volt molex connector is a powersource, and the 3pin's connector is a Measuring/Controlling cable, wich you'll have to connect to your mainboard.

Excuse me for my bad grammar.
if there is a molex connector (4-pin) then you should be able to plug the fans into your mobo. Some fans also can use existing connections if you don't ave enough molex connectors.
It depends what fan connectors are on the fans you're buying.

If it's 3pin then on my mobo you can have two aswell as the main CPU Fan, i'm guessing they'll be 4pin molex (standard PSU connection) and you can daisy chain them so having enough connections won't be a problem.

Any idea what case you're getting and fans?
I haven't actually bought my case yet, I was just in TigerDirect and I saw a case that had four side fans, two front, two back, and one big one on top. So with nine fans I was just wondering Big Grin

So I will probably a bunch of molex to 3-pin convertors and buy a fan controllor.
Can you buy a molex splitter, so you get two sets of molex connections instead of one? If so, where can i buy one from?
FREE PSN CARDS, XBOX LIVE, GAMES + MORE VIEW THREAD Here Yeye

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My fans stopped spinning.... Clutch 10 1,431 11-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Last Post: New Jersey