Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[TuT] Getting started with Java Programming!
I find this very useful, this is worth a read for people wanting to start out with java. It's a language i'm currently learning too Smile many uses for java programming.
(04-06-2010, 03:46 AM)BlackSpider Wrote: So now just write this code inside your Class(NewClass):
Code:
public static void Main(String[]args){
        System.out.println("Hello, world");
    }

I just started learning java but this part isn't completely accurate it should be writing like this (i think):
Code:
public class HelloWorld
{
        public static void Main(String []args)

{
           System.out.println("Hello World");
      }

}// end class
[Image: burninglove4.png]
kool was lookin for one tho, thanks alot.
[Image: 15nrtb7.jpg]
I enjoyed reading this tutorial, quite useful with Minecraft Modding as everything is in java.
[Image: carbon.png]
Meh, seems like it moves too fast and uses too many advanced descriptions for beginners e.g. "A Method provides information about, and access to, a single method on a class or interface. The reflected method may be a class method or an instance method. A Method permits widening conversions to occur when matching the actual parameters to invokewith the underlying method's formal parameters, but it throws an IllegalArgumentException if a narrowing conversion would occur. "

Otherwise, pretty good job, thanks for the guide.
(10-04-2010, 03:18 PM)Jake Wrote: Meh, seems like it moves too fast and uses too many advanced descriptions for beginners e.g. "A Method provides information about, and access to, a single method on a class or interface. The reflected method may be a class method or an instance method. A Method permits widening conversions to occur when matching the actual parameters to invokewith the underlying method's formal parameters, but it throws an IllegalArgumentException if a narrowing conversion would occur. "

Otherwise, pretty good job, thanks for the guide.

Thats where, if I didn't know anything about javascript, that I would research it up on google. For coding, you should always have more than one source for a knowledge base. If you look things up yourself, chances are that you will learn more because you took the time to read up about it and figure it out for yourslef. Rather than have something just told to you.
Just in case you didn't know, java isnt JavaScript.

Anyway, I just think it's better to teach users by making comparisons of things they are already familiar with instead of using fancy jargon.
It's better that way, but you also need to get used to the terminology..
Great tutorial and compilation, really helps me out to begin learning.
I heard you can do some awesome stuff with java! Thanks for this! I will definitely take this into action! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  15 Tutorials to get you started with Java RDCA 20 2,895 01-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Last Post: RDCA
  why java haphazard 8 1,477 12-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Last Post: RDCA
  Need Java help from java expert. Blazin 2 1,915 09-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Last Post: AceInfinity
  Java help php 1 834 04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Last Post: php
  [TUT]GLOBAL VARIABLES FOR JAVA!!![TUT] Ⱳąŗɗ 4 1,220 03-29-2010, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Project Evolution