Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any C++ books you recommend me?
(04-06-2010, 09:17 PM)Mar0x Wrote: I've been reading this one for a little while, it doesn't seem too bad.

http://newdata.box.sk/bx/c/htm/ch01.htm

I have this book also it is good for beginning helped me allot.
I learned from "sams teach yourself C++ in 21 days", I couldn't find a download so i uploaded it for anyone that wants it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zkmymzdwdy3

Theres also versions for C and VC++
Donot learn programming by reading books.. Its a language. Take some source, reverse engineer it using google.. Gradually you will make it.
Do- learn c++ in 21 days
Add me on MSN: Eminent14@hotmail.com. I would love to get to know you.
Well, you don't necessarily need to buy the books. You can download them or even use an internet version.
I have a video you might like?

I used it and it rocks. It starts from the absolute basics and gets very advanced.
No prior experience needed at all.
Here is the opening screen.

[Image: Capture-2.jpg]

Its a big download. File size: 571.86 MB in a single file.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BJ4LOVGM
Now before anyone asks. This is mine. This is not just a warez copy. I just put it on mega for well... Points but also for the reliability of the download size.
Enjoy. I know i used to when i played with C.
If you are interested in it and want more screeners etc to know what it does then let me know mate and i will up them for you.
The Rules!
FTW Forum <-- Home of the Damned! --> Join me On MM

(08-26-2010, 10:36 AM)Yang- Wrote: Donot learn programming by reading books.. Its a language. Take some source, reverse engineer it using google.. Gradually you will make it.

Programming isn't just writing code. It's logical reasoning, algorithm design and implementation, comprehending and utilizing design patterns, testing (arguably that could be grouped with writing code if you're a test-driven developer as is desirable), debugging, performance tweaking, and the list goes on. Truthfully, writing code isn't even how a programmer spends the majority of their time.

Reading source code might teach you pieces of the language. But it won't teach you how to be a programmer.
problem sloving with c++, pretty great for total begin like me.

It explains as if you dont know any else language, and it explains WHY it's like that.

Pretty detailed and it's worth it...
There are just so many C++ learner sites; just type at gogle: C++ helping sites or eBooks; you will find tons of 'em.
(10-08-2010, 02:28 AM)ariton Wrote: There are just so many C++ learner sites; just type at gogle: C++ helping sites or eBooks; you will find tons of 'em.
Yes but don't forget they only explain part of c++ language, textbooks explain whole language.

Also they syncs things, and teach you stuffs when its time to. So you dont have to worry what to learn first and later.