Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Suggestion to keep your computer running smoothly.
(04-05-2010, 03:31 PM)Yin Wrote: I suggest you do a HiJackThis checkup every 2-3 weeks or even every week if you're downloading stuff. Viruses can slow down your computer, and take vital information which we don't want to happen.

They can be at any anaylzer forum, (here, HF, bleeping, techsupport, etc) and it's always good to just check to remove infections if you have them.

Could not agree anymore.
I have a registered version of MBAM and I use HJT every once in a while.

I am pretty good at keeping myself virus free.

I would recommend not using many anti-virus programs are they can distort results.
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]
Yes, you are indeed correct. Having two or more programs containing real-time protection will do just the opposite of protecting you from viral infection. It is highly recommended that one would follow the basic software outline for security, that being:
  • One Anti-Virus
  • One Firewall
  • At least one Anti-Malware Program (Incorporate Anti-Adware and Anti-Spyware)
  • A good HOSTS file
  • A System Watcher
(04-05-2010, 03:31 PM)Yin Wrote: I suggest you do a HiJackThis checkup every 2-3 weeks or even every week if you're downloading stuff. Viruses can slow down your computer, and take vital information which we don't want to happen.

They can be at any anaylzer forum, (here, HF, bleeping, techsupport, etc) and it's always good to just check to remove infections if you have them.

Hell, I run a HJT / MWB / Spybot: S + D / Avira Scan Every night, after unplugging my ethernet cord from my computer.

I'm not paranoid, am I? XD!
[Image: 0fcb61bd256add2d3b03271e3fa0cfbb.gif]
Thanks, checkups every now and then are a good idea.

Ethical
[Image: 73gfi8.jpg]
Yeah , i do it every month , and it always finds something , Kutmustakurt helps me all the time =P
Id suggest ccleaner, hjt, mbam, defragging once a week, and virus scanning daily (3 am is optimum time for most)
Good idea, im going to start doing this.
<3 Support forums.
[Image: 2m5nh9k.png]
Running Malwarebytes' quick scan once a day, running a quick anti-virus scan everyday, will keep reoccurring infections out. Running a full scan with both at least once every fortnight will prove to be very useful as well.

Also, regularly cleaning with CCleaner is a good way to keep your computer clean from junk and also malware dropped into the Temp Folder.

good post, can you post a link to HiJackThis for members who want to get it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] How to Keep your System Safe + Running Smoothly Tank 32 12,105 09-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Zurmi