Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drivers are complete yet sound doen't play
drivers are complete yet sound doen't play, i have restarted many times yet it doesn't play a sound i have installed all the necessary driver and everything is driven...........pls if any of you has got any idea wht might be wrong pls help......
What is your OS?
What OS came with your computer?
Have you always had this problem?
If not, when did this problem start happening?
In the Device Manager, are there any question marks?
I would use the uniblue drivers and uninstall/reinstall all the drivers and driver doctor can help you fix it! Same thing happened to me years ago and it helped!
Try going into control panel>hardware and sound>sound. From there test and play around with your sound settings.
Run a dxdiag and look at the dialogue box at the bottom and see if there are any errors.
Perhaps you don't have an audio driver. Try RealTek or SigmaTel.
(04-05-2010, 10:20 PM)Paradoxum Wrote: Perhaps you don't have an audio driver. Try RealTek or SigmaTel.

OP Wrote:drivers are complete
Believe me, that Device Manger doesn't show everything.
(04-05-2010, 10:25 PM)Paradoxum Wrote: Believe me, that Device Manger doesn't show everything.

Perhaps he installed them himself.
Regardless, I'd recommend that he install Everest Ultimate, get the model of his sound card, and then google that.

Note that you have to install a separate program to do this, because Winblows is terrible and doesn't have a DOS command to display hardware information like other free/open source operating systems.
Hmph, I see what every user turns into when they first use Linux.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HP Pavilion dv6607nr sound problem after downgrading? iTz Realiity 8 2,262 05-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Lulz
  Sound disappeared.. Ubberkid 9 1,284 04-09-2010, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Fallenour