Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm thinking of switching from Kubuntu to XP.
(03-31-2010, 02:31 AM)trilobyte- Wrote: That's what I was trying to say above; although, I worded it wrong. I meant to say swap to Alsa Tongue

Quote:Do you have a problem with your audio? If so; that's to do with Alsa.

I'll be honest, i didn't read your response Tongue
Use VirtualBox and install it inside Linux. I'd also suggest using Win7 over XP.
Superman I am here to rescue you.
This is Support Forums not Support PMs.  Do not PM me for support unless it's private and site related.
(03-31-2010, 11:25 AM)Omniscient Wrote: Use VirtualBox and install it inside Linux. I'd also suggest using Win7 over XP.

I had been doing that, but dualbooting would be better so I could utilize my comp's full power when using it, as opposed to only some of it when using a virtualbox. I've tried 7, but I only have 1GB of ram, so XP is better for my computer. I'll probably dualboot soon.
Why dont install Windows 2000? It owns XP hard, Its more stable also btw.
(03-31-2010, 11:12 PM)I Am I Am R0fl Wrote: Why dont install Windows 2000? It owns XP hard, Its more stable also btw.

Less support for 2000, am I right?
GNOME Fedora 11 is the shiz. I know that they are out with 12 but i got 11 running the way i like. Like Trilobyte says, you should stick it out. Learning Linux is more difficult than learning windows put the payout is much greater. It is so much more powerful and all for free. Definitely get some PDF's on it and go from there.
(03-31-2010, 11:32 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: Less support for 2000, Am I right?
Theres still SupportForums, And you can install XP drivers on 2k, So who cares?
(04-02-2010, 11:00 AM)I Am I Am R0fl Wrote: Theres still SupportForums, And you can install XP drivers on 2k, So who cares?

Sometimes, i've run into a few that don't work.
I know what you mean. I love Mint but I also have to google around sometimes. Sad
Before I begin my post, I'd like to shed some light on Elektrisk and I's past dealings. Elektrisk is in fact an intellectual such as myself, which has caused conflict in other environments (e.g. Hackforums). Since he's moved to SF, he has changed a great deal. I congratulate and thank you for your change of heart. It has allowed me to be able to help in the areas I would not have been able to help before when conflict was present.

Now... the post:
Linux is going to provide you with the best form of knowledge and advanced forms of computer utilisation. Linux was designed to be modified for any hardware configuration with the correct knowledge. Linux is very versatile in the fact that it does allow modification in source code and the modification of the kernel. I know Windows provides ease of use and perhaps more supportive results, but the purpose of Windows is to spoon-feed the consumer, which is fine, but some consumers break the chains of spoon-feeding and are ready for advanced methods of computing. So they convert to Linux.

Desktop environments do differ in the way programs can be run. KDE run with different libraries than XFCE, Blackbox, Fluxbox, or Gnome, therefore most programs with the suffix "K" run more efficiently in the KDE environment. Vise-versa for gnome applications such as gedit. Kubuntu is not the wisest choice of desktop environment if you want 'bugless' login management/window management. Gnome is more for the experimental and the tweakers.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching to Ubuntu Miku 10 2,718 04-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Last Post: 4Y4T3M