Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laptop keeps going to login
Hey SupportForums! Im on my Win7 laptop. Everything loads and bla bla bla. Now, my user account "Brian". Shows. Then i click it, no password or anything, then it goes straight back to login again. I click it, Shows a black screen for a second, then login again. I absolutely have no idea what to do lol.
If you feel comfortable with re-installing your operating system I suggest doing that. The only problem with doing that is you will loose all your data.
Alternately you could try booting in safe mode. Press f8 on start up.
If you can't even log in, try booting into safe mode and seeing what's going on from there. If you can't get in from safe mode, then I just suggest reformatting.
[Image: zbacklash11.png]
I agree with Backslash, but if you want to keep data, transfer stuffs over to either another partition or plug HDD into another computer and transfer it there.
[Image: 28715j4.jpg]
If you can access your data via Safe Mode, then do so, save everything, then you can reformat.
Have you tried to log-in using Safe mode? If that works then visit the start up directory of Brian and see if anything is there that's logging you off.

Alternatively look here

Hope this helps
Back up everything and reformat. There are 1TB external hard drives on amazon for around $100 from Western Digital that I use and they work amazing. Doubt the repair feature on the OS disk will work.
[Image: 25ibtxj.png]
(04-07-2010, 03:13 AM)Sam Wrote: Have you tried to log-in using Safe mode? If that works then visit the start up directory of Brian and see if anything is there that's logging you off.

Alternatively look here

Hope this helps

I would try this before formatting.
Hi,

I certainly would offer formatting as a final resort. Do the following:
NOTE: Please print these instructions or copy/paste them into a notepad file as part of the fix will be in safe mode and you will be unable to access this site.

-Install HiJackThis and post a log in the analysis section.

Download Malwarebytes antimalware:

Double click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
    The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart. Restart if it tells you to.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Next try using SuperAnti Spyware:

Download SuperAntiSpyware
  • Load SuperAntiSpyware and click the Check for updates button.
  • Once the update is finished click the Scan your computer button.
  • Check Perform Complete Scan and then next.
  • SuperAntiSpyware will now scan your computer and when its finished it will list all the infections it has found.
  • Make sure that they all have a check next to them and press next.
  • Click finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
  • Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab. Click the dated log and press view log and a text file will appear.
  • Copy and paste the log onto the forum.
Please note. I am currently only a HJT trainee. Take these steps with caution. Also note that I have not been able to prepare my own canned speeches so I have used some from the HJT section over at HF.
WhiteHat Hacker, Infection Control and HJT Team Trainee
Poppins™
Originally from: Hackforums.net
(04-12-2010, 04:02 PM)Poppins™ Wrote: Hi,

I certainly would offer formatting as a final resort. Do the following:
NOTE: Please print these instructions or copy/paste them into a notepad file as part of the fix will be in safe mode and you will be unable to access this site.

-Install HiJackThis and post a log in the analysis section.

Download Malwarebytes antimalware:

Double click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform Full Scan, then click Scan.
    The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart. Restart if it tells you to.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the entire report in your next reply.

Next try using SuperAnti Spyware:

Download SuperAntiSpyware
  • Load SuperAntiSpyware and click the Check for updates button.
  • Once the update is finished click the Scan your computer button.
  • Check Perform Complete Scan and then next.
  • SuperAntiSpyware will now scan your computer and when its finished it will list all the infections it has found.
  • Make sure that they all have a check next to them and press next.
  • Click finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
  • Click Preferences and then click the statistics/logs tab. Click the dated log and press view log and a text file will appear.
  • Copy and paste the log onto the forum.
Please note. I am currently only a HJT trainee. Take these steps with caution. Also note that I have not been able to prepare my own canned speeches so I have used some from the HJT section over at HF.

Hi mr. hjt trainee

how can he do that if he can't even login??
[Image: kco478.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Konboot] Forgot your login •••••••• cheeseburger 8 1,793 09-28-2010, 07:48 AM
Last Post: Aeon8