Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HijackThis and how to use it.
What is HijackThis?

Trend Micro HijackThis is a free utility that generates an in depth report of registry and file settings from your computer. HijackThis makes no separation between safe and unsafe settings in its scan results giving you the ability to selectively remove items from your machine. In addition to this scan and remove capability HijackThis comes with several tools useful in manually removing malware from a computer.

HijackThis will display a list of areas on your computer that might have been changed by spyware. Do not change any settings if you are unsure of what to do.

Advanced users can use HijackThis to remove unwanted settings or files.

IMPORTANT: HijackThis does not determine what is good or bad. Do not make any changes to your computer settings unless you are an expert computer user.

[Image: 2vt1aur.gif]

Step by step guide on how to use HijackThis.

First of all you will need to download HijackThis

Once you have downloaded it you can now install it, do so by double clicking the HJT install icon.

Follow the installation process until you have successfully installed HijackThis.

Once you have downloaded and installed HijackThis you will need to do a system scan. Click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile"

Once the scan has completed, a log file will save in Notepad which will automatically open. You can now copy the HijackThis log and paste it in a new thread on Support Forums or any other sites you may know of. Someone with experience and knowledge of HijackThis logs will analyze your log and guide you through the process of removing any infections you may have.

If you have any issues with installing and using HijackThis please either post below or PM me, I will try and help you out as much as possible.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

I think if im not wrong that malwarbytes can give you the list or the other program(the little dog) lol
I forgot the names
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
(10-05-2009, 05:15 PM)QBANBOY407 Wrote: I think if im not wrong that malwarbytes can give you the list or the other program(the little dog) lol
I forgot the names

I have no idea what you are trying to say.
(10-05-2009, 05:24 PM)Elektrisk Wrote: I have no idea what you are trying to say.

Don't worry i will explain later!
Google es tu mejor amigo :]
Nice but, if you odnt know what you are doing you will screw up your computer. So you really should research what a person has to say, unless we have a hijack this group and trainers.
I recommend having trained HJT personnel guide you through a virus removal process as opposed to trying to do so yourself.
I agree with you 100%, S1cKL3R Smile

Hopefully members will notice the "IMPORTANT" part in my first post.

Nice guide, Skill. I told you it's better to have this posted outside of The Alliance too. :p
Thank you Paradoxum and yes, I knew there'd be a perfect place for it one day Smile

Very good guide skill, you are a skillful guy ;) . Seriously I like it,

Thankx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HijackThis Pl1A (Professor needed) Grin 27 8,430 06-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Last Post: Retribute
  Many missing files - Hijackthis log kdang2 27 19,482 01-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Last Post: King
  Do I have a virus? [Hijackthis logs included] nevets04 2 1,801 09-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Last Post: N3w_2_H@Ck1n™
  HijackThis Squad Omniscient 59 18,347 07-27-2010, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Matter
  hijackthis log andrewjs18 8 3,110 05-10-2010, 02:19 AM
Last Post: Harvey