Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
-------------<|+! Python Contest !+|>-------------
Well, since you guys suggested a contest (and I favoured the suggestion) I thought I'd take the initiative to open the contest. Smile

Here are the Guidelines:
1. You cannot use any other language syntax or libraries that are not python based.
2. The program must be 1 file (not including imported modules).
3. You cannot copy/paste code snippets from sites/other sources.
4. If you used a source for documentation, please state the doc source within the code.
Any in-adherence to the guidelines will result in disqualification for the particular project at hand.

Points will be scored as following:
-2 for each line of code exceeding the average amount* of lines of the given contestants code.
+10 user-friendliness.
+20 for GUI
+10 for least amount of modules used.
+10 for best syntax
-100 for improperly functioning code

The judging of points will be determined by 3 people I have yet to decide on... I want Skill to be a part of the judging... along with Aristotle; but we'll see what transpires :p

As soon as that's taken care of, we'll all determine the first assignment... best out of 5 assignments!!

EDIT: Also... I'm open to suggestions about the contest-setup.
**We will average the amount of lines used by all the entered contestants.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
I would love to partake. When do you plan on posting up the assignments?
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

(03-18-2010, 04:47 PM)uber1337 Wrote: I would love to partake. When do you plan on posting up the assignments?

(03-18-2010, 02:28 PM)Μαύρο Wrote: The judging of points will be determined by 3 people I have yet to decide on... I want Skill to be a part of the judging... along with Aristotle; but we'll see what transpires :p

As soon as that's taken care of, we'll all determine the first assignment... best out of 5 assignments!!
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
I think we should get Omni to be a judge. No offense to skill, but your too nice, and so am i. (As long as its shiny)! Omni is hard and fair.
(03-18-2010, 04:59 PM)Μαύρο Wrote:
(03-18-2010, 02:28 PM)Μαύρο Wrote: The judging of points will be determined by 3 people I have yet to decide on... I want Skill to be a part of the judging... along with Aristotle; but we'll see what transpires :p

Thank you, I can read. I was wondering if you had an estimate as to when that might happen... i.e, you have someone in mind.

(03-18-2010, 05:35 PM)Aristotle Wrote: I think we should get Omni to be a judge. No offense to skill, but your too nice, and so am i. (As long as its shiny)! Omni is hard and fair.

I think we should get some people who know python, they can better determine the readability of the code and things of that nature.

I'd participate, but I'm lazy as hell O.o
I am not experienced with Python and wouldn't be able to judge as well as someone who knows more about it than I. Although I'd love to help judge, it's simply beyond my capabilities. As stated above, maybe we can see if Omniscient wouldn't mind judging.
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(03-19-2010, 06:37 AM)Skill Wrote: I am not experienced with Python and wouldn't be able to judge as well as someone who knows more about it than I. Although I'd love to help judge, it's simply beyond my capabilities. As stated above, maybe we can see if Omniscient wouldn't mind judging.

Exactly my point, the best judges are people who know python. Like Fallen, Nyx-, etc. People that know python can tell if things could be shorter, neater, etc.

(03-19-2010, 12:55 PM)uber1337 Wrote: Exactly my point, the best judges are people who know python. Like Fallen, Nyx-, etc. People that know python can tell if things could be shorter, neater, etc.

A program isn't always used just by the creator. sometimes its used by a brain dead normal user.
(03-19-2010, 12:55 PM)uber1337 Wrote: Exactly my point, the best judges are people who know python. Like Fallen, Nyx-, etc. People that know python can tell if things could be shorter, neater, etc.

If fallen is checking to see if the code can be shorter, we're all screwed anyways. O.o

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Python Help Dεlluzion 3 1,749 09-30-2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: samsmith001
  Simple Python Python Compiler Canoris 21 8,337 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Filefinder
  Python 2 vs 3? Jake 8 2,216 12-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Bursihido
  Python help Kharnage 2 743 02-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Last Post: Kharnage
  "==" and "is" in Python Canoris 1 736 02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Last Post: uber1337