Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Becoming Smarter?
(04-07-2010, 09:42 PM)johngianni Wrote: Like everyone says, "Crack Open the books" It is a simple answer that fits problems such as these. Unless you are born with the knowledge it will be a breeze and sometimes you never need to study as much. I am glad I did not take after my Father in academics and took after my Mom. However, you shouldn't be unmotivated if you do not think you are smart as everyone has that talent in them. You just need to have the potential to learn and work hard.

I believe we all have our own natural talents and those who are not "book smart" just were given talents in other areas. No one talent is necessarily better than another, just different.

For example, I have absolutely ZERO artistic talents and can't draw to save my life because I can't visualize something in my head. I've taken classes, and tried all kinds of things -- it's never going to happen. However, I can pick up musical instruments and learn them quickly, as well as dance steps and sing like a bird. My X was the exact opposite. He could draw anything and was absolutely amazing, but he couldn't dance and couldn't be taught because he had no rhythm and couldn't follow the beat and couldn't sing because he was completely "tone deaf". We both finally learned to accept our limitations.

The secret to success is to figure out where your talents lie, and how to make the best use of them.
[Image: MajorDav3.png]
All you have to do is pay attention in class, and study each class for like 10 minutes every night. I have a 95 GPA and I study my harder classes almost every night and pay attention really hard.
tay.Superman
Hello;

My suggestion to you is read. A lot. Reading stimulates the brain and grants you knowledge. If you want to memorize the information, underline it, type it up, study it until you will not forget. Take breaks in between. A nap will do you some good, as all new information is still able to be forgotten.

-LS
[Image: r7g7j89si72ysmkv4yzm.png]

"Knowledge is often mistaken for intelligence. This is like mistaking a cup of milk for a cow."
knowledge is unlimited like the internet Tongue so good luck just focus and try and motivate yourself to do better i play yugioh and i make it a positive motivation and i try my best to control it theres a time and a place for everything
For what happened to me was a misfortune,
I wouldn't like others to dare.
For being a rule breaker,
a critical abuser,
has given me the destiny I deserved.

For being a fool.
Has lead me to nothing else,
for I faced despair,
for I was only destined
to be sled by the dragon of time.
Mate, If u have all A's in School, That don't mean that you are very very smart. You have to be born with it.
[Image: ShuTdown.png]
I believe there are ways its just that you have to adapt to them. or learn them yourselves.
That will be my problem, Trying to find my study skill or memorizing skill.
Study all of your class materials no matter how much you think you know it and read extra books to try and gain knowledge.
Im bumping this thread by a question.
Can someone throw out there memorization techniques..
My exams are coming up and i want to remember somethings.
(03-03-2010, 06:45 PM)Dark3n Wrote: Is there a way to become smarter, i want my GPA to go up and i want to "know everything". I know that sounds messed up but i want to have good grades, right now i have A's and B's. Im striving for A's!!

Any tips on how to get all A's?

You could start by getting off the computer and studying.
(05-23-2010, 06:47 PM)Jake Wrote: You could start by getting off the computer and studying.

Motivation is key.

I can't get motivated to save my life.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Smarter than the other kids. PurpleHaze 35 6,685 09-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Sodra