Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Support Forums 101
Welcome to Support Forums, Making Things Easier One Post At A Time. If you're reading this, then you're obviously a new member. This is a little thread that the Staff Team has produced to help you around the forums. It will consist of things such as "Posting and Forum Help" to "What should I do here?".

What is Support Forums?
Now you may be wondering, what is Support Forums? Why is it here? What's the purpose? Well it's simple. Support Forums was created to help and support people through various questions and problems. There are many areas of Support that you can help out in, or ask a question yourself. We have everything from Computing and Technology, to Mechanic and Emotional Support. Unlike many forums, we strive to support the members. There is no members that are better then any others, there is no particular group that means you get more attention. Everyone here is equal.

What am I supposed to do here?
Like we've stated in the above paragraph, it's all about Support. You'll find many things to do on these forums. You can help out people in need, or post a thread asking for some help. Or just generally hang around and help with little things. You don't have to be a Psychiatrist or a Doctor to help with anything, you can give all the support forum thought or past experience.

Are there any Rules of what I can and can't do?
Ofcourse there is, we're not letting you off that easily Smile. After signing up, it's a great idea to head over to the Site News and Feedback area and reading the Rules thread. It's important to keep up-to-date with all the new Rules and Forum Announcements, to ensure a Safe, Happy and Healthy Community.

What sections are ther?
Ah c'mon, it's not that hard! Ah well, we're trying to make it easier for you Smile. Here at Support Forums we have a wide range of sections to choose from. Here is a quick list of them:
  • Support Forums Information - For Introductions, Testing, and keeping Up to date with the latest News around the forums.
    Computer Support Topics - From PC Harware Help and Desktop Support to Networking, Wifi, and Internet Connection Help.
    Coding Support Forums - For the Coders of Support Forums.
    Life Support Graphic Design, Emotional Support, Gaming, Mechanical, Gadgets, Media, Money Making, The Markplace and the infamous OSHIT Area.
    Webmaster Support - Development, Hosting, Domaining and Software Support? We've got it all here.

What about Posting?
Now, obviously we're not going to sit here and talk all about how to post, where to do it, and what about. It's going to be easier if you just use some common sense and read the FAQ Help Guide, by following this link or clicking on the Help Button in the top links. In there it will tell you all about Posting, User and Registration, Using the Forums and many more things that are too hard to explain via threads. We strongly reccomend looking there if you're new and not sure on how to use this Forums' Software. Please remember, having a higher post count then someone else does NOT mean anything. We'd much rather have you help out the site by posting top quality posts and threads, then spamming the board for post count.

How and where do I ask questions?
Before making a post in the Site News and Feedback section, you should always rely and looking for the documentation and FAQ of the forums first. It makes it alot easier on you and the staff by doing so. By clicking the "Help" link in the toplinks, you'll be able to read up about all the support you'll need around the forums. If you can not find anything in the Help Documents, then and only then should you post a question in the Site News and Feedback section.

Do you have a Social Network Page for me to follow?
Before you ask, no, we do not have MySpace, Facebook or YouTube. But luckily enough we do have Twitter. You can follow us on Twitter to keep up with all the new Site changed as they evolve, and see what's going on. You can access out Twitter here.

Important Thread Compilation
We have set up and provded a Important Thread Compilation thread to help you find the best threads throughout Support Forums. This easy to read thread will show the best threads over the board, and give quick links to them aswell. It's a handy little thread for for some nice threads to learn fomr. You can find that here.

Who should I turn to if I have a Site Related issue with another Member, or Post?
Like myself, there are many staff members for you to turn to if you're stuck with something. If it's Private and Site related, (Meaning not a suggestion for the site or something public), then you're more then welcome to send a Personal Message to any of the staff members listed below. You can find any of these staff Members by clicking on their profile at The Forum Team Page.

Thank you, and enjoy your stay here at Support Forums.
At the top will be the same place you hang from.
Nice one trilo!
[Image: vhc689.jpg]
do noт мaĸe мe мad. ι wιll ĸιll yoυ.
-rep me if you want to get banned! please!
Anonymous rep is for freakin cowards!
Good tutorial for new members, should be included in welcome messages.
It's a great facts page, but a bit long.
Site Owner: http://www.awesomelounge.com

Feel free to join. It's full of greatness.

[Image: s1ckl3r2.png]
(04-06-2010, 04:34 PM)S1cKL3R Wrote: It's a great facts page, but a bit long.

Thanks. I'd rather have a long post filled with a lot of helpful information then leaving new members out in the cold. Smile
Nice thread. It's going to help out a lot of new members.
Should sticky this Tongue
(04-06-2010, 08:00 PM)41Shots Wrote: Should sticky this Tongue

Already is, sir. Smile
I like this, thanks for typing it up. It's always good to have helpful information. And you'll find that as you progress in life, it is not right in front of your nose as much as it is here.

Good job trilo Smile
Thankyou very much Pink Floyd. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hello support forums pepi_h4ck 3 929 02-19-2020, 09:24 PM
Last Post: poseidon97
  Welcome to Support Forums Sam 70 26,842 07-10-2018, 06:53 AM
Last Post: heisenburger7
  Gday all at Support Forums. DAMINK™ 7 1,732 01-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Reality
  Hello Support Forums FroFro 0 543 06-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Last Post: FroFro
  Hello Support Forums :) Lachlan 0 670 08-27-2012, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Lachlan