Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal IO Error halp!
I have a script that grabs anime information of a website, and it shows the top 5 recommendations in a menu, when you select one of the recommendations it will update the GUI with that anime information, very basic I would have thought but 2 errors have come up completely randomly. One error was a pango error and I was able to find some similar problems and realized it was because I was updating the GUI in a different thread then the GUI was running which randomly created a re-entry problem apperantly. I was able to fix this problem finally today, and I thought it would fix my second error:
python ptest1.py Higurashi
python: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server :0.0.

Now this error doesn't even occur each time I select a recommendation, it NEVER happens when it grabs the first set of information, but it may happen the 1st recommendation you select, or 3rd, it hasn't really been clear to me why its happening. I've checked to make sure my threads aren't going out of control, and I close all remote resources I open. Could this be caused just by opening with urllib so much? But I .close() the objects so I don't see how that could be the error.

Here is my source, its a huge mess and you probably cant read it well but if you wanna try and run it you need the packages python-lxml and python-wxgtk2.6 if you can find them in your package manager.

http://pastebin.com/m36d3b846

If anyone can give me any hints on what could be causing this error in my code please post, I'd be really happy ^__^
[Image: sig.php]
You try running $ xhost + ?
<Aoi-chan> everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
(02-22-2010, 03:56 PM)Psycho Wrote: You try running $ xhost + ?

yea and it helps for awhile but it still messes up eventually
[Image: sig.php]