Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up Bridged Network {Help}
Hey there i was wondering if someone can help me how to set up a bridged network on my PC(not behind a router) with Vista x64 and also, it would be great if you can tell me the pros and cons of using Bridged network instead of NAT.

Thank you.
Is this for use with xbox live?
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
[Image: BobKelso.jpg]
nope....
Simply select your LAN and WLAN connection then click bridge network. Makes your pc act as the router.
Quote:Who has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap.......Bob Kelso......Have we met?
thanks, but can you explain me what are the cons and pros of using Bridge network?
You don't need to buy a router.
I can't see really any pros or cons...if you bridge your network using a NIC, wouldn't you have to keep your PC on all the time if you expect to use the PC being bridged? wouldn't it just be easier to buy a router at that point?

on you on dial-up or something? I know this is done often on dial-up.
Well for me a pro was that i didnt have to buy a wireless adapter for my xbox, and it changed my NAT type to open so i could play games without getting NAT warnings.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up 2 Wireless Routers - does it help chuckbytes 2 1,289 12-25-2019, 11:30 PM
Last Post: rickmartin.gt