Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python Award?
(02-20-2010, 08:35 AM)Μαύρο Wrote: I know we have 2 Python coders here, uber1337 and myself. Just wondering if it is a possibility create a python award for those who excel and contribute to the Python community.

Thanks

I'm a little confused on who you think deserves he award
Quote:create a python award for those who excel and contribute to the Python community
So everyone who excels in python and contributes to the community deserves the award, or who excels and contributes the most?

Also
Quote:I know we have 2 Python coders here, uber1337 and myself.
Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I think we have more than just you to O.o
(03-12-2010, 10:10 PM)nevets04 Wrote: Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I think we have more than just you to O.o
Ha, I think you stopped for a while right before Maupo started, and all your threads were on lonely old page 2 :p. We should have a contest for the award! (Fallen and Nyx- arn't allowed to enter)
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

(03-12-2010, 10:19 PM)uber1337 Wrote: Ha, I think you stopped for a while right before Maupo started, and all your threads were on lonely old page 2 :p. We should have a contest for the award! (Fallen and Nyx- arn't allowed to enter)
I think that's awesome idea!!

Like a best 3/3.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
(03-13-2010, 07:41 AM)Μαύρο Wrote: I think that's awesome idea!!

Like a best 3/3.
Of course, all of us are currently learning different things. For example, if the contest was to make a game, Nevets would surely win because he is learning pygame. And anything too general can be found with a quick google search.
[Image: izsyo6.jpg]

(02-20-2010, 08:35 AM)Μαύρο Wrote: I know we have 2 Python coders here, uber1337 and myself. Just wondering if it is a possibility create a python award for those who excel and contribute to the Python community.

Thanks

There are more than you. I can say without a doubt Fallen is the best one here.
<Aoi-chan> everyone's first vi session. ^C^C^X^X^X^XquitqQ!qdammit[esc]qwertyuiopasdfghjkl;:xwhat
(03-16-2010, 06:50 AM)Psycho Wrote: There are more than you. I can say without a doubt Fallen is the best one here.
LOL, I'd have to agree. However, Fallen the others mentioned above are not nearly as active as the users I've mentioned in the original post.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will.
.::The Rights of Man::.
You guys should have that contest i would love to see who can script better than the other...
(03-17-2010, 11:05 PM)Bjfox Wrote: You guys should have that contest i would love to see who can script better than the other...

I agree. Even if there's no prize involved, why not do it for enjoyment? There doesn't always have to be a prize for a contest. It'd probably brighten up the Coding Support forums. Why not give it a shot? Smile
[Image: 3326yvl.jpg]

(03-18-2010, 08:30 AM)Skill Wrote: I agree. Even if there's no prize involved, why not do it for enjoyment? There doesn't always have to be a prize for a contest. It'd probably brighten up the Coding Support forums. Why not give it a shot? Smile

Some great advice man i see why your a moderator, i agree totally and im sure we can get something together. Also maybe u can offer some sort of award for the winner maybe some sort of award that a winner python award? just a couple ideas
(02-20-2010, 04:29 PM)trilobyte- Wrote: Omniscient; are you planning to add an award for all the languages.. just curious, as you've added a Ruby one and now possibly a Python one? Smile
I fear Omni's wrath so I won't say all of the things I think about Ruby...

I know this is an old thread, but TBH I think we really need this. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SF Feather Award No Longer Available Omniscient 103 26,444 10-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Robust
  Support Feather Award Omniscient 91 19,021 10-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Last Post: JonBD
  [Suggestion] Sticky Award Cronus 11 2,285 09-03-2013, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Fly
  Question about "Support Feather Award" AnonymousPie 5 1,827 06-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Retribute
  Writing Award? Metapod 62 16,985 05-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Deity