Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TuT]Making a website with limited skills
Hello SF, this will be my first tutorial on SF and may be the second on HFThumbsup

In this tutorial I will show you how to make a professional looking website with limited HTML skills.

First off we need a host, for this tutorial I will be using 000webhost but I recommend x10hosting. Go to 000webhost and create an account.
[Image: 000webhost.com.jpg]
When you have filled in the correct details, you will be shown some details, copy paste these into notepad (make sure you have the namehosts!)

Now we need a builder that doesn't require experience. There are many but I reccmend Yola and it is what we will be using for this tutorial. Go to Yola and sign up for an account:
[Image: 176570.jpg]

Now go to "Create A New Site" and fill in the details and what you want, get a yola subdomainOui Name your site and domain:
[Image: yoladetails.png]

Choose style and edit site to your liking:
[Image: yoladetails2.png]

Now we have to get the source, press ctrl+u while in your browser. Edit edit the links so that they are http://www.yourdomain.com/*page name* (Leave the bit after the slash as it is in the source). And get rid of the Yola sign at the bottom too by editing out the code. After that paste the code into a notpad document. Do this for every page of your site.
[Image: 60535400.png]

Now go to your control panel on 000webhost and upload your notepad file, choose the directory as public_html . Make sure the file is called the same as the page title and a html extension (if home name as index.html , if page2 name as page2.html etc...).
[Image: 27287205.png]
[Image: 81437517.png]
[Image: 39068446.png]
Now your site has been uploaded to your serverThumbsup

For a "professional" domain go to co.cc. Sign up then go to "Getting A New Domain" look for a domain that is available (buy a free one, don't bother paying for one for like $3). Go to set up domain and paste your nameserves into nameserve one & two or url foward your new domain to your 000webshost subdomian.

Fast forward 48hrs and your done!Yeye

Credits
Maestro (me). If your going to republish this tutorial atleast give me some credit. C&P is way faster than typing up a tutorial.
WOW great tut it works for me.

But why did you use 000webhost when you said x10hosting is better?
I haven't used 000webhost before. I though it would be nice to learn something while teaching, was going to sign up there anyway.
Nice tutorial! Thanks, I really need this.
Appreciated, Dillon.
Don't use 000webhost. I used to use them, and it was terrible.
It's very slow, tech support sucks, and their databases are always down.

Use freehostia. It's much better.
GamerCraft

Visit it, and tell me what you think. Tongue
I use 000webhost. It's more for people who know what theyre doing. BUT they are CHEAP.
(02-15-2010, 02:37 PM)TheLifelessOne Wrote: Don't use 000webhost. I used to use them, and it was terrible.
It's very slow, tech support sucks, and their databases are always down.

Use freehostia. It's much better.

Noted.

(02-16-2010, 12:14 PM)Light Guide Wrote: I use 000webhost. It's more for people who know what theyre doing. BUT they are CHEAP.

And free.
This TuT is amazing Nice share...
[Image: OGForumsbanner.png]
This is really a great tutorial, thank you for sharing this.
[Image: b7yj2x.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Website and coding skills KingOfHunt3rs 11 3,265 12-13-2019, 02:20 AM
Last Post: emma162
  [Tut] Build a website [Easy] supermanden 2 965 05-19-2014, 04:31 AM
Last Post: vahaa
  [tut] I Want to Make a Website, but, I don't know What to Do Grizzly 2 1,467 04-16-2014, 08:51 AM
Last Post: cracker007
  Help making a website ashleydass 2 687 07-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Last Post: ashleydass
  Help making a website ashleydass 0 535 07-29-2011, 06:49 AM
Last Post: ashleydass